I love V's. I love em all. I;ve wanted a Gibson V for gosh knows how long. They are simply awesome, you can play metal and rock all day long, then still play blues and what not without looking like a total toolbox (as you would playing a King V, or something of the sorts).

Now, again, I love the Gibson V. Right now it's a toss up for me to either get that or an RR3 Pro.

I've read reviews on the faded Gibson V's, and so far everyone says they're spectacular. Well crafted, sound good, good woods, etc. The only thing is the worn cherry finish isn't exactly mega sturdy.

This sounds like a godsend. A very nice looking V without having to cost me a ridiculous set back.

What are your opinions on the Faded Gibson V? Worth the price? Save up for a real V? Or just get the RR3 Pro?

thanks guys and gals.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
i have an rr3 and they are the ****, but if youve always wanted a v get it, you could always trade it....
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
if you look at the specs, theyre made from the exact same wood, the exact same hardware, only difference is the paint job and the case.

i own one, i love it, and personally i think they look better than their plastic coated brethren.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
And the build quality is not ****e on them?

I mean, the only thing I've heard is that the faded cherry gets dented and scratched very easily since it is a thin finish, but that doesn't necessarily bother me as I will keep my beauty in a hardshell case at all times when not playing it.

Thanks again mates, and at the moment the faded V is looking as a win.
Blackstar HT-5

I have a faded flying v and its the best, many say thats the quality control is bad, but you have to always play before you buy with any guitar.

Ive picked up even prestige ibanezs that some things were missed in qc.

The V's pickups are high output, but no so high that the cleans are horrible.

The neck pickup+Tubescreamer+Fender Twin=tonegasm

The body is very resonate and has a mellowish warm sound to it.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
i would go with the faded in all honesty. The v in my opinion is the only gibson that looks spectacular in its faded model. the sg looks ok, but im not a fan of the sg so much, and i love the lp, but i dont care for the faded, but the v is beautiful faded. i would get it over any other v. if you have the funds then i would look into the finished ones, but the faded is half the price and is going to do the same exact thing when you arent looking at it and are just playing it.

if it was an ugly guitar i would recommend the standard, but the faded cherry v is stunning in my opinion

best of luck and and congradulations on the new axe if you pick one upL)
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Heh, thanks man. Yeah I plan on getting the faded cherry V, but not now. Possibly next year as my out of highschool gift to myself. :P

Apparantly though both the pickups are really high output though, so I wuold probably swap the neck pup for a SD Jazz or something, and keep the bridge, but again, it would depend what it actually sounds like. If it has a slight bit of agression that would be awesome for some really intense blues, but at the same time I dunnoh how it would work for some cleaner jazz stuff. So again, possible pup swap.
Blackstar HT-5

pup swap is a bit later down the road, but still, it is a sick axe and i would love to have one sometime soon. only problem is as soon as a get a few dollars saved up, i buy a new project guitar. i just love to take them apart and mess with them so much i cant seem to save up for a new one lol.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

words of caution...

The faded series of Gibson's line up uses basically their last choice wood. All of their nicer guitar are going to get the best woods, and the faded series gets left over. So it can be a toss up. You can get one and it be a piece of ****, or you can get one and it could be pretty damn nice...

but notice my sig, I have a faded SG, and I love the hell out of it, but I definitely recommend trying it before you buy it
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial