you could play worth **** and be in a band. it depends on what type of band you are gonna be. what type of people are in your band. or how experienced musicians you are
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
really all depends on the music...but if you not doin any covers at all then it dont matter what you can play, unless you mean what you can play to measure how good you are
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
As good as everyone else in the band wants you to be. You're either going to end up being taught something, revisiting your own techniques or just advancing together. Either way it's a good experience.
Quote by guitarguyof1994
i kinda meant how good do i have to be to make an okay-good band

there are plenty of awesome bands with ****ty muso as long as you play to the best of YOUR people wont care
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
just start a fall out boy tribute band, then it really wont matter how bad you suck, you'll still be able to play the stuff.
well, for starters you should have a good sense of rhythm. you have to be able to communicate with the other guys without talking so much, and you need to be able to stay in time well.

*end of only helpful reply*
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by guitarguyof1994
i kinda meant how good do i have to be to make an okay-good band

to make an okay-good band you have to be okay-good

it really depends on what you play though
The first band I was in was comprised of people that had been playing their instruments for less than a year. And then we made the mistake of playing a gig. We were trying to be a metal band but our songs sounded more like bad Metallica covers. Really bad Metallica covers.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, you can be inexperienced and still be in a band. Just make sure that at least some members are experienced and can teach you something.
As long as you have a sense of timing, and your drummer plays something resembling a beat, you're good to go. That's pretty much band 101.
As long as all the members can play in time, theres no problem. Besides, being in a band is good fun, even if its just for a laugh, and not particularly good.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
its very important that everyone in the band can keep time, listen to each other and communicate well. Too many beginner bands sound all sloppy and get out of time. You don't have to have every technique mastered or anything...
Quote by RobinTrower12
its very important that everyone in the band can keep time, listen to each other and communicate well. Too many beginner bands sound all sloppy and get out of time. You don't have to have every technique mastered or anything...

Fifthed. Keeping time and communication go a long way. THey won't turn you in to a phenomenal player, but they go along way to having a cohesive band.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Alot of the things said so far are right but tell us what kind of music you want to play and the things you can already play for most rock stuff just know like 12 chords and how to keep in time will do
Some People Put Something Smart Wise and Funny Here
Those People Can @#$% themselves
Some of the best songs are not that difficult to play. Rock can be disarmingly simple sometimes.

If you're not planning to gig or to record, all it takes are some open-minded people that accept you the way you are.
It's not really a question of how good you need to be to be in a pretty decent band, it's more a question of how long you will all stick at it until you become a pretty decent band.
Just playing together with other musicians of about the same level as yourself will improve you all drasticaly, and any members who are having musical lessons can also show everyone else what they've learned so you all gain an advantage.
Playing guitar in your bedroom all day eventualy makes you good at sitting on your own and playing guitar.
Playing in a band eventualy makes you good at playing in a group situation. It's all just a question of experience. Put the time in doing what you want to do, and eventualy you'll become very good at it.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
playing with other people is the best way to learn

100% truth.
I've been playing in bands since I started playing guitar and I'd have to say there really is no other way to learn. I mean, there is, but not near as good as playing with other people.
hug your local pug dealer!
Indeed. You are inherently challenged by playing with others. Pushed to correct little mistakes, clean up phrasing, etc.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you have a nice rhythm feel can play clean and in time, you will be fine
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
How good do you have to be to play in a band?
This good:
Comfortable
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

dude, have fun with it. if you arent that great then just play more and youll get better and come up with some material. lots of bands had ****ty gutiar, johnny cash, paramore, the beatles, alot of them. as long as you have fun with it and stay true to yourself. a little thoery knowladge goes a long way when your starting, my favorate scales are the melodic and harmonic and i like deminished stuff but thats just me. find what you like, play it, and have your band jam with it. whats the worst that can happen?