Hello everybody. Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is travis and i am a rancher from South Dakota. Seems like a great site with lots of knowledge for me to pick up on. I have a washburn accustic guitar and can pick a few tunes, but almost 100% rookie.

Can anyone reccomend some easy country/western songs to try and learn on?

Thanks!
You're a rancher from SD, eh?

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Welcome to UG. Country/western guitarists are a rare breed here (I'm not one of them, so I can't really help you out. Sorry man.)
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by cowboy4x4
Hello everybody. Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is travis and i am a rancher from South Dakota. Seems like a great site with lots of knowledge for me to pick up on. I have a washburn accustic guitar and can pick a few tunes, but almost 100% rookie.

Can anyone reccomend some easy country/western songs to try and learn on?

Thanks!

+1

You seem nice, seeing as how you wanted to introduce yourself in the pit, which takes guts
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Just remember.....

It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

haha, but in all seriousness, learn some Johnny Cash, so you'll stay interested and stuff. Have fun here!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Just a word of warning, you're one of a kind, in that Pit Monkey's haven't torn your eyes out, and defecated in the residual craters in your skull.

But, it is suggested that you go to the newcomers forum. Up the top.

And a howdy from me. [=
Gore AND Core; unite!
Dear sweet Jesus, you sir are lucky. :p You haven't been torn apart. I was dead afraid to introduce myself in here, haha. Welcome to the forum nonetheless. (I'm a n00b, so this post is worthless)
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Allo. See? This is the kind of thing I want to see more of on UG.

What? Everybody being buddy-buddy? It'd be nice, but.. but no.

Also, I can't be the only person that came in here because they thought it had something to do with SilentDeftone and his -ing
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-- Douglas Adams
we need SD to reply to this thread lol! welcome to the forums

edit: third eye guy...i thought it was a multi

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Hey mate, welcome to UG.
I doubt you will find much help on this site in regard to your country/western playing style. People who play that genre are a rare breed here.
If you are looking to learn some other different styles of music, then yes UG will be able to help you as there are some pretty talanted musicians on this site.
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Get Out Of This Black Hole While You Can!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Word of Warning: The Pit will eat you alive, boy.

Learn some Skynyrd, maybe?
It's not really country/western, but it's the closest thing to country music I have, so...yea

Welcome to UG, by the way.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by PrabhuDeva
Go back to Brokeback mounting

Ugh, how painfully unfunny.

As for the rest of this thread, how un-/b/ of you guys. I like it
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by PrabhuDeva
Go back to Brokeback mounting

Hello, my name is Dann_blood, and I am going to make a community service announcement on behalf of Ultimate-Guitar.

Get lost. We don't want dickheads here, the thread-starter is the type of new member we wan't, not kids who haven't hit puberty, nor got the maturity to not laugh at words like "penis" and "vagina".
Thank you.

To the thread-starter, try learning some Chris Izaak. Simple, catchy and just generally fun to play.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
dang i looked and couldnt find a "introdution" forum.. i must be blind.
I am near aberdeen. For who asked.

Thanks for the warm welcome. CW or not, i'm a fan of music in general.
On the main forum page, under New Members Q&A, there should be a stickied forum called "First Post..." etc.

and also, +1 to the Chris Isaak idea. Easy, but always sounds cool.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by groll01
Get Out Of This Black Hole While You Can!

+1, welcome to the end of your life

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.