Hey, i have a les paul standard and i use 10-52 sized strings. Some days the strings are nice and grippy so i can bend strings with good grip, sometimes they are slippery and my fingers slide off. How do i get my strings to be grippy everytime i play?

P.S. I know swet causes slipperyness, but sometimes my guitar is just slippery to begin with.

Thanks
wash your hands before you play.
grease and oil are enemies of guitar strings!
Clean them with a cloth?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
no, you clean them after you play.

And yeah, i'll wash them before i play, see how that goes, thanks.
oh, also with new strings, they are always slippery when you buy them, how do you get them grippy?
Dude, you've asked WAY too many questions about guitar strings, seriously. Next time; search.
And was this the same Epiphone you were planning on purchasing off of ebay or what?
Stop stalking me retard. I come on here once in a blue moon to gain more knowledge on guitar playing, as i'm a beginner, and you come and burst my bubble everytime. GET LOST!
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
Stop stalking me retard. I come on here once in a blue moon to gain more knowledge on guitar playing, as i'm a beginner, and you come and burst my bubble everytime. GET LOST!

Excuse me?
I burst your bubble did I?
Hell, if you just searched, I wouldn't have to. It's not exactly hard to realize why a search bar was put in place.
Dude, your not the administrator of this site, if you like being on this site lots thats fine, but that doesn't mean you have to try and set everything in order. Plus, i just searched, none of them have anything to do with my question. Did you just wanna answer my question so you can be done with me and mod somewhere else on the forum, or get into an argument about the search feature?
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
Dude, your not the administrator of this site, if you like being on this site lots thats fine, but that doesn't mean you have to try and set everything in order. Plus, i just searched, none of them have anything to do with my question. Did you just wanna answer my question so you can be done with me and mod somewhere else on the forum, or get into an argument about the search feature?

You're taking my suggestion of using the search bar as an argument?
You're question has an answer of nothing but common sense. You have learnt about sweat yes? Do you play after eating greasy food a lot?
That guy already answered my question, i'm talking about on new strings, they are always slippery, how do i get them grippy?
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
That guy already answered my question, i'm talking about on new strings, they are always slippery, how do i get them grippy?

By wearing them in?