Ok pit, so I have a friend who can supply me with several brands of various energy drinks, in bulk. The price ranges from $3 for a pack of 10 ($15 for 50) to about 8$ for a pack of 10, depending on the brand. The types of energy drinks are Red Bull, Monster, Nos, Full Throttle, all those major brands. The catch is that they are often expired by a few days - a few weeks. I'm sure there are enough preservatives in them to stay good for a long time, and it's not like they can get any more unhealthy than they already are, and I have drank plenty of them and they seem just fine.

So I can get them for about 20 cents per can, and my question is, would it be legal for me to sell them in bulk on ebay, as long as I state they are expired? I live in the United States. I would sell them at obviously cheaper than they would be in stores, for about $1- $2 each. I am just wondering if I could get into any trouble with the law.

I am 15 years old and it is in NO WAY illegal how my friend and I have access to these, by the way. Sorry if this is poorly written, I just chugged 4 large Full Throttles.

Also, would anyone actually purchase such an epic amount of energy drinks online anyway?

Thanks
Get either Monster or Full Throttle, people like those more.
That's an amazingly hard decision for me, being the junkie I am.
As far as your excessive intake of these, however, enjoy your heart trouble.
You may think that's all stupid mythology and it only happens to big idiots and whatever, but TRUST ME when I tell you to SLOW THE F*CK DOWN!!!

Oh, also, I got off track- it's late- it's perfectly legal for you to do this.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Last edited by NorfIrIon at Apr 21, 2008,
Shipping might be an issue... just share the wealth with your friends.

And by share I mean sell.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by NorfIrIon
Get either Monster or Full Throttle, people like those more.
That's an amazingly hard decision for me, being the junkie I am.
As far as your excessive intake of these, however, enjoy your heart trouble.
You may think that's all stupid mythology and it only happens to big idiots and whatever, but TRUST ME when I tell you to SLOW THE F*CK DOWN!!!

Oh, also, I got off track- it's late- it's perfectly legal for you to do this.

Ok, I am fully aware of how unhealthy they are, I am a huge health freak and have known they are some of the most unhealthy things someone can drink since I learned of their deliciousness. - That said, I'm in it to win it.

Also, I am planning on either selling them to my friends for the same price as I got them, or for free, depending on how big of a market there is at my school and whether I make a lot of cash from selling on ebay. Basically, I'm still in it to win it.

Thanks though, I appreciate the input and concern!

EDIT: Also, shipping will not be a concern, my mom owns a store and ships many, many fragile items to locations all around the world, and I will have them packaged and shipped properly.
Last edited by Black Wizards at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by Black Wizards
Ok pit, so I have a friend who can supply me with several brands of various energy drinks, in bulk. The price ranges from $3 for a pack of 10 ($15 for 50) to about 8$ for a pack of 10, depending on the brand. The types of energy drinks are Red Bull, Monster, Nos, Full Throttle, all those major brands. The catch is that they are often expired by a few days - a few weeks. I'm sure there are enough preservatives in them to stay good for a long time, and it's not like they can get any more unhealthy than they already are, and I have drank plenty of them and they seem just fine.

So I can get them for about 20 cents per can, and my question is, would it be legal for me to sell them in bulk on ebay, as long as I state they are expired? I live in the United States. I would sell them at obviously cheaper than they would be in stores, for about $1- $2 each. I am just wondering if I could get into any trouble with the law.

I am 15 years old and it is in NO WAY illegal how my friend and I have access to these, by the way. Sorry if this is poorly written, I just chugged 4 large Full Throttles.

Also, would anyone actually purchase such an epic amount of energy drinks online anyway?

Thanks

If you were in Australia I'd buy them
Quote by NothingButRock
If you were in Australia I'd buy them

I wouldn't have a problem with shipping to Australia as long as you could pay in USD, I'm sure there's somewhere to exchange currency.

Also, I would only sell them online by the hundreds or more, or it wouldn't really be worth my time, so would you really want that many lol?
Quote by Black Wizards
I wouldn't have a problem with shipping to Australia as long as you could pay in USD, I'm sure there's somewhere to exchange currency.

Also, I would only sell them online by the hundreds or more, or it wouldn't really be worth my time, so would you really want that many lol?

I didn't know you were offering to sell them.
I'd be willing to buy 100 for $30 and never have to deal with the stupid ass prices again (My friends would also worship me), depending on shipping costs..
How much would shipping be from where you are to Dallas?
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

Quote by NorfIrIon
I didn't know you were offering to sell them.
I'd be willing to buy 100 for $30 and never have to deal with the stupid ass prices again (My friends would also worship me), depending on shipping costs..
How much would shipping be from where you are to Dallas?

Well 100 for $30 would be about how much the cheapest ones would cost me, so I'm sure I would sell for more than that lol.
Also, I just found out I can get all these today, and just now thought of selling them, so I wouldn't do it for another month or two.

Also, I have no idea what shipping prices would be, I would have to do a lot of planning and research and whatnot, I know how to run a proper business, so I'm not going to rush into anything.
Quote by Black Wizards
Well 100 for $30 would be about how much the cheapest ones would cost me, so I'm sure I would sell for more than that lol.
Also, I just found out I can get all these today, and just now thought of selling them, so I wouldn't do it for another month or two.

Also, I have no idea what shipping prices would be, I would have to do a lot of planning and research and whatnot, I know how to run a proper business, so I'm not going to rush into anything.

Fine with me, but bulk and cheap is what I like to hear.
Please, please get back to me when you're willing to sell them, and how much each would cost.

Quote by NorfIrIon
Fine with me, but bulk and cheap is what I like to hear.
Please, please get back to me when you're willing to sell them, and how much each would cost.

K, I'll send a PM your way sometime in the following months if I decide to start selling them.
I'd be down for some monsters probably...PM when you figure this **** out...i'll see if I have the money...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I once opened a can of red bull that was a few days old, and the smell of mould was horrendous. I poured it out and there was little bits of floating vile in it.

It obviously wasn't a "few days" old, they are canned months before they hit the shelves in stores. It was probably years expired, or had been opened or had a leak for QUITE some time...

EDIT: Ok, I am going to sleep now, I'll check this thread tomorrow and I will be sure to send anyone interested a PM in the following month or 2.
Last edited by Black Wizards at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by Black Wizards
It obviously wasn't a "few days" old, they are canned months before they hit the shelves in stores. It was probably years expired, or had been opened or had a leak for QUITE some time...

I meant as in a few days old from buying It wasn't previously open, but it makes me skeptical about energy drinks that are past their sell by date.

EDIT: It was kept in t'fridge as well, so it wasn't like it was in unfavourable conditions.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I meant as in a few days old from buying It wasn't previously open, but it makes me skeptical about energy drinks that are past their sell by date.

EDIT: It was kept in t'fridge as well, so it wasn't like it was in unfavourable conditions.

Well, that's odd, because while I don't like Red Bull, I remember my Tea Kwon Do instructor keeping alot of them in a refridgerator for a long time and they were always fine.

Last edited by NorfIrIon at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Well then I don't really know what to tell you lol, allthough if the store sold it to you without informing you of it being expired, you could sue for some serious cash if you kept the reciept
Quote by Black Wizards
Well then I don't really know what to tell you lol, allthough if the store sold it to you without informing you of it being expired, you could sue for some serious cash if you kept the reciept

No harm came to me, so I see no need to sue, lol. I'm just not that greedy.
Quote by Black Wizards

Don't forget us when your famous
Originally Posted by last_biscuit
I'd be more concerned about your apetite for oriental buildings, than some random kid calling you a fag
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I once opened a can of red bull that was a few days old, and the smell of mould was horrendous. I poured it out and there was little bits of floating vile in it.

That's the way the drink usually is.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
If its past its "Best Before" date it is totally legal to sell, past "Use By"not so legal!
Thats Aussie law anywayz
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
You are 15 and you're not meant to use eBay till you are 18 anyway so it doesn't matter what you sell.