Hi, I'm planning on getting a new amp. I have around a 200-400 USD budget and I'm wondering what to get. Any advice?

I like to play:
Nirvana, Zeppelin, Queen, RHCP, Foo Fighters, stuff like that.

Budget:
As said above, I have around 250 but can add another 150 to that if theres a good deal.
Quote by mafropetee

I brought my electric to school w/ no amp and started playing it, and some guy was like "I can barely hear it, and it doesn't sound all cool. I think it's a fake guitar"

g e a r//
Epi Futura Prophecy FX
Epi G-400
Boss DS-1
Vox AD15VT
Last edited by Sheepseh at Apr 21, 2008,
You could get an Epi Valve Jr and throw a Big Muff in front of it. It's what I did and it's great.
Thanks. I'll probably get the Frontman, as its easier to find for me (I live in an area that doesn't give much variety in amps)
Quote by mafropetee

I brought my electric to school w/ no amp and started playing it, and some guy was like "I can barely hear it, and it doesn't sound all cool. I think it's a fake guitar"

g e a r//
Epi Futura Prophecy FX
Epi G-400
Boss DS-1
Vox AD15VT
If you do manage to get one before I do.. tell me how that is.. I'm thinking of getting one myself need something for a Mid-Gain Vintage/Rock Distortion..
DON'T GET THE FRONTMAN. From what I've heard, the cleans are bland and the distortion is outright terrible.

Get a low wattage tube amp or a Vox Valvetronix.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.