and im having trouble getting the sound volume in the recordings good,

got a shure sm57 into a toneport gx that simulates a preamp. Maby i need to buy a real preamp? Or should i buy a better audio interface that got a preamp in it?

and do i have to put the volume on the amp up? i live in a apartment so cant put it very high
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but the sm57 was designed for spot micing so you do have to give it a fair amount of volume to begin with, i have the edirol UA25 and i find the preamps on that to provide plenty of extra gain though, just as any mixer would, you'll find the best volume through an XLR connection, if the Toneport is a preamp it should provide enough gain. You may try placing the mic closer to the speaker of your amp, and maybe turning your amp up a bit.

(oh and it's good to see that there are still some Sum 41 fans out there; though i wasn't so keen on their latest album, it seemed to lack inspiration somehow)
it works perfect now, just had to tweak everything, and buy a real tube micpreamp to get good quality , the recording give the exact same sound as my amp now

( ye i only liked two songs on that album, but i like the art work on the cover ^^ their old albums are the best )
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard