Punk/Hardcore/Post-Hardcore w/e
I love this band. The focking energy is unbelievable. Live show, also.

I dislike the fact that scene kids claim to love them jsut because of the ''hardcore'' label. I went to one of their shows and 75% of the people there didn't know the words to the album songs...posers.

Anybody else like them?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
think they're a little above their station right now maybe but theyve opened a door for people who want to check out other bands from this country.

they are notoriously uncomfortable with kids who dont know the words, but they seem to get a lot nowadays.

also, i believe there is probably a thread floating about on them already to be hones.t
yeah gallows are wicked my buddy is friends with frank and yeah he hates all the scene kids himself and is still always on and off about leaving for that reason
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
i really like abandon ship, in the belly of sharks and their cover of nervous breakdown. but i believe they are more post-hardcore than hardcore punk
nah there punk/hardcore if anything

post-hardcore is more like converge
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
i really hate this band...well hates a strong word, they irritate me
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Band is shit. Frank hates the scene kids?! Last time I checked wearing make-up, t-shirts that are too small and have slope cut sleeves to show off 'the guns' were all scene kid traits. Funny how they all turn up on the band members.

Also when I hear descriptions like 'Well for a start this is a band that has more attitude than a lorryful of preteens with Asbos, more passion than a teenage suicide pact, more anger than Henry Rollins at a Republican rally', 'saviours of rock' and 'you can't deny that in an increasingly staid and samey music scene it's great to see a band stirring people from their slumbers and generating debate, passion and controversy.' it really gets on my tits. They are nothing new, people just know shit all about music outside of the charts.

This band has fuck all to do with hardcore as they clearly show.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
it really gets on my tits.

i laughed hysterically at this expression.

thank you for that.
Quote by ArmedForBattle
nah there punk/hardcore if anything

i respectfully disagree on both statements
Can anybody recommend other bands similar to Gallows?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
^ go google The Ghost Of A Thousand, they sound alot like gallows.
and they arent much the same, but i think the vocals of Send More Paramedics is pretty similar to Gallows
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Band is shit. Frank hates the scene kids?! Last time I checked wearing make-up, t-shirts that are too small and have slope cut sleeves to show off 'the guns' were all scene kid traits. Funny how they all turn up on the band members.

False.
And don't listen to comments, reviews or scene kids. Just listen to the ****in songs.

Cheers for recommendations, people.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by ArmedForBattle

...I would say neither Gallows NOR Converge are anything like post-hardcore ...
Quote by FuzzyBear
utter ****e, i hope theyre not playing leeds this year
pretty sure theyre headlining the lock up stage, above alkaline trio which isnt fair.
Quote by kryptonite22
pretty sure theyre headlining the lock up stage, above alkaline trio which isnt fair.

this is true.
less than jake are also headlining.
with goldfinger, mighty mighty bosstones and pennywise also appearing.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(