I have an American Tele Highway 1. It is my first Electric and I've always had an issue with the holes lining up with the hole in the back (when you try to restring it) so I removed the cover to try to open the holes a bit more. I do not know if this did anything to the pickups because I did not notice until months later, but when I switch the tone toggle (That controls the pick-ups), when I switch it to the highs, my volume is greatly decreased. It sounds very flat (as opposed to full at all) and maybe its cause its a tele I dont know. What can I do to test to see if the pickup is bad or if the wiring is bad (other then just seeing if the wiring is not connected). I don't know much about the technical or repair aspect but I'm trying to learn.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Ummm...take it to a guitar tech and get it fixed is all I can offer...??
its gonna be a few months before I get back home and where I am at now doesnt really have any guitar techs. Im looking for a Do it yourself option
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
open the control panel and look for a bad connection
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!