Hi all, this is the situation, I've been learning for the past 8 months with a squire strat on a spider III. Up till now I've been playing blues / classic rock and the squire seems fine for that but, I want to branch out to cover sounds from 80's metal to modern metal. Not to heavy though maybe up to stuff from avenged sevenfold. So I reckon I need a guitar with higher output pup's. I've got £400 - £500 and so far I've been researching the Ibanez s470dxqm and Jackson dkmg w/ emg 81/85's.Must have a trem. I would really appreciate any response from you guys about these guitars or any others that would fit the style I'm looking for.

Oh yeah I should mention I'll be using a marshall dsl 401 amp that I picked up second hand yesterday. My first tube amp (oh oh oh ooooooh, oh no! I seem to have had sticky accident in my pants ). Anyways thanx in advance.
Psst ! The fat man walks alone.
Gear :
Modded Strat w/ Iron Gear Pup's

Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401

Boss GT-10
Last edited by klaf5 at Apr 21, 2008,
the ibanez will be perfect for what you are looking for. I have an ibanez S470 and its awesome. the trem is amazing and the pickups easily deliver that kind of metal tone. Plus because of the single coil in the middle you still get great blusey/ funk tones with it aswell. Tis an awesome guitar.
MY GEAR:

Ibanez S470
Vintage: VRS100
Fender FM100R 100WATT
Marshall: MG30DFX 30WATT
Digitech: RP350
Boss: DS-1
Jim Dunlop: Original Crybaby
Crafter: FX-550EQ
Orange: Mini- Krush

Add My Profile
Ibanez=Win, I own 3 Ibanex RG's, absolutley fantastic! The necks are amazing, the bodies are light and resonant, I love them!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
You can't go wrong with the ibanez, it's a beautiful guitar to play.

Haven't played many Jacksons, but what I have seen they are nice.

Other brand to look at is LTD guitars.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
been playing for 8 months and already got a really nice tube amp?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Great guys! Perturabo mentioned Ltd guitars, anyone know which models.
Gear :

Boss GT-10
Quote by Horlicks
Washburn X50 pro, Jackson DK2S

+1 for the X50 Pro....the original post is pretty much an identikit description for what that guitar can do.

Use the rest of the money to buy an MXR 10 band EQ for the DSL and you're good to go.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jeowy
been playing for 8 months and already got a really nice tube amp?

Yeah , Ive been looking around for one and found a guy on the net selling his at a good price and he only lived 10 minutes from my house. Took me bout 2 minutes to take it off his hands when he started playing. He also threw in an amp stand and cover. I was so excited I nearly p***ed myself as I drove home at 5 mph with this thing in the boot of my car.

I think we have the makings of a gear hound here.
Gear :

Boss GT-10
Quote by steven seagull
+1 for the X50 Pro....the original post is pretty much an identikit description for what that guitar can do.

Use the rest of the money to buy an MXR 10 band EQ for the DSL and you're good to go.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Sorry, should have mentioned I want a trem on it. I've edited the first post.
Gear :

Boss GT-10
Quote by Horlicks
Washburn X40 pro

I've had quick look at the washburn x40 online. Nice looking guitar but, a few of the reviews mention that the trem system does put it out of tune quite a bit. Besides I haven't seen many washburns in the shops here. And I will definately try b4 I buy, but if I do come accross one it'll be tested. thanxs for the pointer.
Gear :

Boss GT-10