Does anyone know where I can pick this stuff up? I need the knobs, tuning pegs, and bridge. The originals had oxidized over time and I tried removing the oxidation, but it removed the finish, so I know I can clean up the oxidation, so I'll just have to replace all the parts.
I am looking to change the hardware to something more durable, something painted. it's a see-through black guitar, so I am thinking black.

However, high-end? I don't understand how the tuning machines/volume knobs will sound better.
Quote by syntheticocean
I am looking to change the hardware to something more durable, something painted. it's a see-through black guitar, so I am thinking black.

However, high-end? I don't understand how the tuning machines/volume knobs will sound better.

They may not but they won't oxidise. So they will look nice in years to come. Eyehatepunks said it right
But where can I find it? I need the monorail bridge, tuning machines, knobs, and the strap thingies.

How much am I looking at? Guitar parts are easy to find, I have not been able to find bass parts.
Oh, I see your problem. You can use any knobs and "the strap thingies". As long as they have the right size diameter most tuners will work. The bridge is probably the only thing that needs to be original.

As for where to buy them? There are many places. Just search bass guitar parts on google.
But this bass has some stacked knobs... is that normal(I'm a guitar player)?

I did search guitar/bass parts and I didn't have much luck. I'd like to get everything in black if possible. Or, should I just pay to have this old stuff professionally painted? There aren't any dings/dents. It's just oxidized.
So it is in perfect shape, I'd just like to have a good durable finish on it.
You could sparay it yourself. Get the paint of them (wet and dry) Clean them up with emery cloth and steel wool. Then spray a primer on and then spray your metal paint. Finish of with laquer. You'll be able to find full instructions on the cans probably.

EDIT: they're called concentric pots- the ones that are two.

I searched bass parts on google. First link http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/middle_bass.htm They seem to have everything you would need- and I don't think YOU should spray the tuners
Last edited by supergerbil at Apr 23, 2008,
well, I have spraypainted before, I'm just curious because there are the diamond shaped groves on the side of the knobs that would be impossible to sand. How would I go about that? I don't want to lose the texture
READ MY EDIT ABOVE

They probably use electrolysis- You could do this but would be rather expensive and the result may be poor.

Best bet- buy new stuff
Quote by syntheticocean
my biggest thing is the bridge.. it's monorail so I can't easily replace it

you got a pic of one?