a few months ago i joined a band and i have come to realise i need to upgrade my amp (30 watt laney linebacker) as it really doesnt do the job at gigs. i'm looking for a good sturdy amp with basic clean/distortion (i play in a ska punk band) but effects arent a must as i have a boss box already. ideally something with a built in tuner, around 100watt. money is an issue as i have none, ideally i wouldnt want to save up any more than £250. Anyone recommend one? i've looked up the line 6 spider but i dont need or want the amp models and i've browsed ebay for days but have had no such luck... any help much appreciated
Don't get a Line 6 Spider. Or a Marshall MG.

I doubt you'll find an amp with a built in tuner, and to be honest I don't see why it's necessary.
250 quid isn't going to get you a decent 100 watt amp, and to be honest, I don't think you know how unnecessary 100 watts is, it's revoltingly powerful.
Quote by jaycav
a few months ago i joined a band and i have come to realise i need to upgrade my amp (30 watt laney linebacker) as it really doesnt do the job at gigs. i'm looking for a good sturdy amp with basic clean/distortion (i play in a ska punk band) but effects arent a must as i have a boss box already. ideally something with a built in tuner, around 100watt. money is an issue as i have none, ideally i wouldnt want to save up any more than £250. Anyone recommend one? i've looked up the line 6 spider but i dont need or want the amp models and i've browsed ebay for days but have had no such luck... any help much appreciated

As long as you get a decent amp you do not need 100w.

However for £250 your options are a little too limited, you can get a Peavey Valve King combo for as little as £270 AND that will do what you want minus the built in tuner but that's a rare thing in a gig quiality amp. Don't buy a spider or a Marshall MG though, you will regret it; they are basically only good as firewood.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ok well 100 watt was a guess, so now i guess i'd need no more than 75 watt? also i dont think i want a valve amp, money really is an issue with me and i cant do with replacing the valves every few years. what would you recommend monsta? oh and it'd have to be a combo, i cant fit a cab in my mates corsa!
bare in mind i wasnt planning on buying new, second hand is my only option
Solid state, get a Line 6 Flextone, they are amazing amps and can do any style you want them to.
Quote by jaycav
ok well 100 watt was a guess, so now i guess i'd need no more than 75 watt? also i dont think i want a valve amp, money really is an issue with me and i cant do with replacing the valves every few years. what would you recommend monsta? oh and it'd have to be a combo, i cant fit a cab in my mates corsa!

You can't afford £50 every few years? Really? As for the wattage you don't need more than 30w if you're going for a tube amp.

Just looking on ebay and I found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-Super-Tramp-Tube-Amp-100w-valve_W0QQitemZ170211182384QQihZ007QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's way more power than you really need but I've used one of these before and they sound really good and it's going seriously cheap.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.