My no name one that worked with no delay in switching channels just died, and the stock peavey one is asstastic (huge delay in switching channels) and I was wondering what the cheapest (or just any really) footswitch with no channel delay would be for the valveking?

Someone mentioned on the boss one, but I'm not 100% on that.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
ok thats nice, how about a link to buy? I mean a model number or exact name would be nice
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by Horlicks
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cliff-FCR6919P-Dual-Button-Amp-Footswitch?sku=158006
You could probably just go for this, it's cheap and it should do the job well. have you ever considered that maybe the delay in channel switching is caused by your amp and not your footswitch?

As I already stated in my *first* post I had a no name one that worked perfectly.

Thank you for reading though, and do you have any proof that the one in your link will work with the valveking?

Sometimes it's better not to post...
Quote by HxCori<3
Quote by Horlicks
Any stereo two button footswitch will work

No, it will not. As I have one right here. Huge delay.

Read my friend, read.
Quote by HxCori<3
Are you sure there's a delay, it could be so that it switches the channel after you let go of the button, not when you press it (with the stock VK footswitch). And the other footswitch could have changed right when you stepped on it.

Just theorizin'.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Are you sure there's a delay, it could be so that it switches the channel after you let go of the button, not when you press it (with the stock VK footswitch). And the other footswitch could have changed right when you stepped on it.

Just theorizin'.

+1
More then likely thats what was happening.

Also not all footswitches work with this amp. I know Marshalls and one other i tried cant remember the name of it didnt work. Just an fyi to the threadstarter..
BOSS FS-6. It's used with every amp I've owned or tried, including my Peavey Valveking.

P.S No Delay either.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
BOSS FS-6. It's used with every amp I've owned or tried, including my Peavey Valveking.

P.S No Delay either.

Thanks, I'll be getting this.

As for the "when you release" answer, no.

When you step on the channel switch, the other one slowly fads in and there is a pretty big delay. Sorry. Not it.
Quote by HxCori<3
That really sounds weird, I'd bet on the footswitch being faulty. Or just badly designed and low quality. Or something.

Still under warranty?
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
That really sounds weird, I'd bet on the footswitch being faulty. Or just badly designed and low quality. Or something.

Still under warranty?

Nope, got it used. I heard it's a small mod to fix it but I'm as handy with a soldering iron as I am with a jackhammer.
Quote by HxCori<3
Quote by ParryPerson
Nope, got it used. I heard it's a small mod to fix it but I'm as handy with a soldering iron as I am with a jackhammer.

So how are you with a jackhammer?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
So how are you with a jackhammer?

Quote by HxCori<3
Meh, how much could you lose? I can't imagine it being that hard (if it's a simple fix), or maybe get a friend to do it. Worth a shot IMO.

(of course I'm assuming you have/one of your friends has/you can borrow somewhere else a soldering iron and some solder)
Quote by Lunchbox362
Oddly enough, I have a soldering iron, I just lost the guide to it, or I'd give it a go.
Quote by HxCori<3
I'm sure there are soldering faqs on UG (Building and Customising forum maybe?), or you can Google one. I believe it's something like "plug iron to wall, let it heat, then use it to melt solder". That simple.
Quote by Lunchbox362