BOSS GT-10
28 55%
Line 6 POD X3 Live
15 29%
Other (Name It)
8 16%
Voters: 51.
Hey Guys,

I finally got my guitar and now i want to get a Multi-Effects Processor to use on-stage or home, i've searched this forum and couldn't find the answer, why is one better then another, i'm playing mostly metal and i want to get the rammsteins heavy guitar sound + david gilmours leads... on top of that Volume/Wah Pedal.

i see that people are complaining about boss distortion, saying that it sounds to try and simple... anyways i dunno... none of them are at my local stores to try them out so i realy want good "facts/reasons" from you guys

sorry for my poor english... i think you got the idea what my question and the problem is...

i just want to know why is GT10 better then X3L or backwards...

i browsed youtube and in demos or commercials they both sound killing

help

P.S. Currently my setup is , Guitar > FireWire(Mackie Satallite) > Guitar Rig3 > Speakers.

Will Multi-FX sound better then my current setup?

http://line6.com/podx3live/ 500$
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=941 500$
http://www.digitech.com/products/gnx4.htm 500$
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/tonelab/ 400$
Last edited by Nomak1 at Apr 21, 2008,
The GT-10 will probably better for effects, the X3L is better for distortion (although some people like the Boss distortion better). You might want to wait a while until more people get their hands on a GT-10 as they're just out and not much is known about them.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
I dont have any amps yet... but i think i will be getting JSX when i have enought money ^_^

help guys >_>
smile
If you're getting a JSX, there's really no reason to use a modeller with it. Look into:

- TC Electronics G-Major
- TC Electronics G-Sharp
- Rocktron Xpression
Dunno guys, next 6 years i will be moving around world studying... on top of that all Analog devices gives you 1 straight sound and you got to stick with it... but with multi-effect you can mix up sounds and stuff >_>

ive been playing for only a year and dunno... i guess analog is 2 early for me... i dunno why but i dont want it...

for which processor should i go?
smile
Pod x3l can do a anothing very well.

Nice for recording

Nice for playing alone

Nice for live use

NAYCE
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Nomak1
Dunno guys, next 6 years i will be moving around world studying... on top of that all Analog devices gives you 1 straight sound and you got to stick with it... but with multi-effect you can mix up sounds and stuff >_>

ive been playing for only a year and dunno... i guess analog is 2 early for me... i dunno why but i dont want it...

I wasn't sure how long until you're able to buy a new amp. I personally would go for the X3L. Can you try them out yourself?
I will be in us in 1 week, i hope they will let me try them in shop, i'm gonna visit GuitarCenter.

What if i get a a processor now and then just use it with JSX?

Guitar > Multi-Effect > JSX?
smile
Quote by Nomak1

Yeah wouldnt you have a bunch of good sounding analog efx in many boxes, or crappy sounding digital ones in one box? besides which sounds do you know you want to use?
Lead sound of Gilmour
and very heavy and good distortion, like JSX or ENGL fireball has

and i love messing around with delay,reverb,phaser on clean sounds =P
smile
I'm not sure about the boss but i know the line 6 has very good support on their site. You can download extra amp models and the line6 edi software is great.

My vote = pod X3 live
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
X3 has by far the better modelling, dont expect tubey perfection by any means but you will easily get a sound appoxamating Gilmour and as for the high gain metal sounds you will be spoilt rotten. Add to that the ability to essentially run two rigs simultaneously.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Will everyone stop attempting to get gilmour's tone... its ungettable godamnit, its the feeling that he puts into the guitar that allows him to get that sound and nobody else can do it. You want basically simple modulation, and hi-gain. Here is an easy soulution that will get you those tones and get you a little closer to the JSX

MXR Carbon Copy Delay - 150 (amazing delay )
MXR Phase 90 - if you don't need the Script phase, which i'm assuming you dont, it costs 80 bucks

You have just spent 230, (well like 240 with tax) and now you have 200 extra dollars so you can get the JSX. THE X3 is full of sounds you dont nee,d and the amp models and distortion sound sterile (IMHO). I say just get the modulation fx you like, and spend the rest on your amp.
Thansk Bro!

Is there any use getting the 5W version of JSX? Bigger versions cost 1500 so this is my max , can i use this amp anywhere else then my bedroom practicing?

Everything is so hard.... droolz so getting Multi-FX is also a waste... i will get like 10000 sounds and i will be using only 10....

so best thing to do is collect money and on the road test all the high-end tube amps and then get one?

before that, i will get a small amp and good pedals for future i guess,,

what do you think?
smile
Last edited by Nomak1 at Apr 24, 2008,
i was actually about to tell you to get guitar rig and a decent interface lmfao.I say stick to your recent set up and save for a jsx.(check out revalver too i hear they have a model of the jsx in there)
Quote by TheIronTrooper
i was actually about to tell you to get guitar rig and a decent interface lmfao.I say stick to your recent set up and save for a jsx.(check out revalver too i hear they have a model of the jsx in there)

Well i live outside US and...

1. Any good amp weights more then like 20KG and shipping that from US to my place will cost like 700$ or more ^_^

2.I live outside US so all programs on my computer are cracked, i have Cubase, GuitarRig3, AmpliTube, Revalver MK2 , MK3 (Peavy), FX BOX.. which one do you use, which has most real sound?

i mean everything... but dunno, i have never played on high-end tube amp and i cant compare this digital sound to the real thing what do you think?
smile
Quote by Nomak1
Well i live outside US and...

1. Any good amp weights more then like 20KG and shipping that from US to my place will cost like 700$ or more ^_^

2.I live outside US so all programs on my computer are cracked, i have Cubase, GuitarRig3, AmpliTube, Revalver MK2 , MK3 (Peavy), FX BOX.. which one do you use, which has most real sound?

i mean everything... but dunno, i have never played on high-end tube amp and i cant compare this digital sound to the real thing what do you think?

:P excuses excuses to have your programs "cracked" lol jk i cant afford programs man.

to be honest i was all settled to buy a tube amp myself,but then i realized at my budget i cant buy a nice tube amp(i dont like the valvekings and the palominos are good but do not go up to death metal tone) so then i settled for older solid state models(which are suppose to be good) i mean not everyone needs a tube man.Thing about tubes is they sound best cranked and most gigs i play im getting mic'ed.i know some people like tubes cause it sounds more "better" but i figured since my ear isnt really developed tonewise and i didnt have enough for a tube ill just get a solid state.I still need some saving,but while looking my friend recommended guitar rig 2 which looks really nice so i figured a toneport would compliment nicely with this.Im gonna order a toneport soon and save for a solid state gigging amp for me.

excuse the long paragraph man lol but in short I say stick to your arsenal of programs,i think a modeling effects unit would not do much for you if you dont need to play loud and if your not gigging i say an amp isnt much of a necesity either :P(im acquiring revalver and amplitube as i speak) i hear revalvers really good well have to see.
same here.... i've been playing for only 1 year and my ears cant tell big difference analog and digital but in digital world i just cant find the right sound... but at local store i plugged my X2N into Digitech death metal and little 15w ibanez tube amp... and that was it, it's so nice ;( but i want to get the good one right away cuz shipping twice will bankrupt me

so it's jsx then i guess ^_^ and before that small tube amp and good pedals for jsx ^_^
smile
I like my friend's pod
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by TheIronTrooper
are you getting the mini jsx?
what music styles do you play anyways?

nah... 500$ is to much for the practice amp...

i will get something cheaper in local store
smile
YOu can hook the POD X3 up to your amp with 4 cables, so all the amp sims and distortion can run through the front of your amp, and all the mods/delays/verbs hook up through the effects loop.

Because of this it will work great with a tube amp.

I'd go with the X3.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by StriferDiem
YOu can hook the POD X3 up to your amp with 4 cables, so all the amp sims and distortion can run through the front of your amp, and all the mods/delays/verbs hook up through the effects loop.

I'd go with the X3.

You can do the same with the GT-10/8
wait wait, if i have a setup like this

guitar > gt10/x3 > tube amp

will the amp still have the real sound it has?
smile
Quote by StriferDiem

I'd go with the X3.

can anyone explain me EXACTLY how to do this.

Ex:X plug of x3 in x plug of amp
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
can anyone explain me EXACTLY how to do this.

Ex:X plug of x3 in x plug of amp

You need 4 cables.

1. Guitar --> MFX
2. MFX send --> amp input
3. Amp send --> MFX return
4. MFX output --> amp return

I think.

If you can move the loop around in the FX chain like the GT8/10 then you can put effects before your amp's preamp by putting them before the loop in the FX chain.