Recently i discovered that my 57 strat had yellow stains and lines on it due to the fender leather strap *dont use it . sucks* anyone here knows how to remove these stains ? i tried lighter liquid , dint work but cleaned the guitar dam nicely
cheers
Last edited by BirdHouse at Apr 22, 2008,
I think if you use coarse sand paper it would help.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
fine steel wool and some swirl remover may help
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Mattalac
I think if you use coarse sand paper it would help.

wouldnt' that destroy the finish?
Nitrocellulose and rubber react chemically, it's not that them make straps that do it.
Quote by JackalUK
Nitrocellulose and rubber react chemically, it's not that them make straps that do it.

so it's not removable?
It may be possible, but I can't say I've seen anything stating it can. As far as I know the only solution to fix the problem is to take the finish off and redo it. But don't quote me on that one.
ouch removing the finish?
i just gt the guitar this year , ha.
any other guys know any solutions?
I doubt you'll be able to remove it. Not a big deal though, strats always age gracefully.
This is the third time in two days I've seen someone here mention "light liquid". Whatever happened to the actual term, which is 'lighter fluid'?
spelling mistake up there , corrected it.
i seeked help from fender forum , would magic eraser + buffer work?
I'd be afraid of damaging the finish, especially light fluid, I can't believe that didn't hurt it. If you have someone that does auto detail, you can try a high end rubbing compound and carefully use a buffer at a very slow speed. This will "heat up" the finish and pull the stain out, but can easily be over done. I don't know that I wouldn't just leave it alone, I could imagine that adding character.
i'am selling the guitar off , so the yellow stains would really decrease the guitar's value
Quote by BirdHouse
i'am selling the guitar off , so the yellow stains would really decrease the guitar's value

It shouldn't, anybody with any experience with nitro would know that it discolours and wears very quickly.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.