For some reason, all of my friends seem to have been injured doing the thing they loved (music). My friend snapped his high E as he was putting on a new set of strings and it came back up and did a good number to the side of his face, a former drummer of mine dropped a bass drum on his foot and broke a few of his toes, and in my last symphonic class a buddy got a reed stuck in his throat. So feel free to share your dumbass moments. :p

As for myself, I've never injured myself with my guitar other than occasionally fumbling over a cable here or there, but 2 years ago I found out that I have what I refer to as hardcore tinnitus. Everyone gets that little "ringing in the ear" sensation sometimes. As for me, after going to a show or band practice or anything like that, for the next day or two it's like someone is stabbing the inside of my ear with one of those dentist drills. So it's insanely high pitched, really loud, and hurts like all hell. Not the most fun feeling in the world, haha. Even with ear plugs/ear buds, it happens.
Last edited by radioarizona at Apr 21, 2008,
I just get whiplash alot. Like now... and it sucks.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
so was jammin and bent real hard on my high e and snapped it...nothign speical exept for the fact it got one end of the sting curled into my finger and the cut the other hand wicked bad with the other half of the string
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe you should just eliminate the idea of being a LEAD guitarist or a RHYTHM guitarist and just come to terms with being a guitarist.

Quote by Mike Huber
I used to steal legos from my friend. He always had the coolest pieces.
I've got permanent ringing in my right ear now, but it's only faint. I think it's permanent anyway as I have had it since September. I hope it doesn't get any worse/louder
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Might want to get that checked. They've got some medicines...and it's definitely something you want to get to early. If it gets worse, you'll be getting injections for your tinnitus.
tendonitis
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
I have basically an entire garage band set up in my basement, a pretty confined space. Consequently, you can't see the carpet for all the cables everywhere. One day, in my unlimited grace, I tripped over a cable, sent the mike stand falling, and had the mic pop out and hit me on the forehead. It's not a light mic.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
ermmmm at a party once i decided to climb onto a beam in theceiling and try and do what the guys in the plympics do on the rings........................i dont remember much after that, except i woke up with carpet burn all down my face and people rushing over to help me :/

oh and i forgot to put strap locks on my bass one time...jumped and it crashed onto my foot
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
LOL put it on? howd you manage that?
There was a myth about Pete Townshend of the Who windmill-picking and he accidentally ploughed his hand into the whammy bar, which punctured his hand. I'm pretty sure it's a myth and didn't happen, but it is a pretty cool story and a warning to all with whammy bars
i was jumping around and my bass swung into my balls somehow.... oh my god... the pain of remembering it...
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by radioarizona
For some reason, all of my friends seem to have been injured doing the thing they loved (music). My friend snapped his high E as he was putting on a new set of strings and it came back up and did a good number to the side of his face, a former drummer of mine dropped a bass drum on his foot and broke a few of his toes , and in my last symphonic class a buddy got a reed stuck in his throat. So feel free to share your dumbass moments. :p

As for myself, I've never injured myself with my guitar other than occasionally fumbling over a cable here or there, but 2 years ago I found out that I have what I refer to as hardcore tinnitus. Everyone gets that little "ringing in the ear" sensation sometimes. As for me, after going to a show or band practice or anything like that, for the next day or two it's like someone is stabbing the inside of my ear with one of those dentist drills. So it's insanely high pitched, really loud, and hurts like all hell. Not the most fun feeling in the world, haha. Even with ear plugs/ear buds, it happens.

Does he weigh 60 pounds???
Quote by radioarizona
Might want to get that checked. They've got some medicines...and it's definitely something you want to get to early. If it gets worse, you'll be getting injections for your tinnitus.

Thanks for the tip, I think there's a good chance I've got it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
hey thats interesting my bfs got tinitus
and i keep telling him to go see a doctor
Mudmen190: Lol, he's just very accident prone. I don't know how it happened, all I remember is getting a phone call consisting of a decent amount of grunting and "Dude, we can't practice today. By the way, can you take me to the hospital?" <--Mix the grunting in between words.
i f-ed up my hearing with ipods
i got tinnitus,
but my mind can ignore it,and i only hear it when its silent or the tv is turned down low
plus it can be influenced by stress
so if your chill your tinnitus will be less too
this was a lesson for me to be very very carefull with your hearing :\
I broke my hand when I was a kid and it now hurts to open and close it more than 3 times. Not so great for playing the guitar, seeing as it was my left hand.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
The tips of my fingers on my left hand are pretty much shredded and unrecognizable. I don't know how they got that way, but I suspect that strings are to blame.
I got my finger stuck in my wah pedal...

Yeah...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
A friend of mine was trying to swing his Music Man bass around him, it got over his head stopped , hit him on his head and knocked him out.
Quote by THE-IMPALER
A friend of mine was trying to swing his Music Man bass around him, it got over his head stopped , hit him on his head and knocked him out.

Was the music man okay?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page