Page 1 of 5
Okay, so today I stayed home sick from school. My stomach still feeling kinda bad, I figured I might as well do something useful and play guitar.

Then, a bright idea occurred to me....

I'm home alone. *looks at volume knob* Hmmmm.......

Needless to say, I cranked it on up to 10 . Several renditions of Foxey Lady, Sunshine of your Love, and All Right Now later, I decided I would make a thread.

Sounded amazing. So.... What's the highest you've ever cranked your amp?

EDIT: Would probably make more sense to include you amp as well.... Mine's in my sig.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i think i hit my bass amp up at around 7/8 once and the walls to my garage were shaking... then again my amp can hit 103dB
i was home alone (like you) and i noticed my neighbors were outside......hmmmmmm......it occured to me that i had just learned a new song.....master of puppets......so i sneak my amp outside, crank it to 10 and jam away. i played for about 10 minutes (even though they left after 3)

my amp is a Fender Frontman
here's link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Frontman-212R-100W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104506076-i1323510.gc
GEAR:
Black Epiphone G-310 SG
White Ibanez RG120
Digitech RP250 Multi-Effects Pedal
Raven RG100H and RG412 Half Stack
10, but I have to say. that's pretty ****ed up unless you're wearing ear plugs (well, that's what I did:P)
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
6 or 7 I think? But at home I've only put it up to 4. It's a crappy Marshall AVT 50 watt halfstack.

I want to burn it.
mine went to 11, roland cube 30-X

even 30 watts can be played loud as hell
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by The red Strat.
fender blues deluxe: 12.

i think most of the responses here are gonna be max volume.

Yes, but this one goes up to 11.

Your amp goes upto 12?
stupid peavey valveking, too many watts, so im gonna have to say 2.5
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey
I hate the Traynor YCS50. The loudest i've ever had it is about 75% on the 15w mode.
100watt laney pl100, cranked it up to four (OH YEAHHHHH) cos neighbours usually complain when its on 2 but they were out and i was home during my free periods and thought to myself "sod this, its getting cranked" slapped it up to 4 and just stood on my bed and played cowboys from hell and trooper....it was like sex, just minus the women
I've had it at 10 before but it sounded pretty pants. Sounds best at about 3-4ish.

It's a Laney VC50.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Regression
Yes, but this one goes up to 11.

Your amp goes upto 12?

*muddy waters voice*

Wooooooooohhhh yeah... woh yeah.

/muddy waters voice.

Anything beyond 3/4 on my amp and the crappy speaker breaks up horribly. Just before that point, however, lies tonal bliss.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by DillusionSystem
(In a british accent) ELEVEN!

if ur trying to take the piss out of us brits, i dont tihnk i like ur attitude
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey
Quote by chippythingy

Spinal Tap...

My Music
Some cheap 20w Tube Amp.

Cranked it to max at the store, 'cause you can never tell
I put it up full once, hit on chord, freaked out cause my walls were shaking and my Mum and dad heard it from the end of the street (they were walking the dog) I only have a 65 watt Crate GT
Bass Player
Quote by timi_hendrix
Spinal Tap...

excsue my ignorance, but what does that mean
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey
On my valveking halfstack, dimed.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by DillusionSystem
(In a british accent) ELEVEN!

no such thing as a "British Accent"
you'll find Britain consists of 4 countries (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) all with very different accents and thats without going into regional variations.
6/12

That was in a proper practise room playing with a full band too.

I love my classic 30 =)
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
I've never played any of my amps above 8 (out of 10), but once I cranked my friend's Fender bass amp (idk the model but I'm pretty sure it was 50 watts) to 10 and blew it out the day he got it. Needless to say, he was pissed.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
The speaker on my Peavey Basic 40 has a much higher RMS than the head....so I plugged my phat-hed in and pushed that sucker for all it had. Iv the volume knob went that high, it'd be around 15 or so.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by chippythingy

U gave us dragonforce :|
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
U gave us dragonforce :|

You gave us clogs, I don't think you have any reason to look down on us

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
You gave us clogs, I don't think you have any reason to look down on us

lol Haha But then again.. U gave us a lot of great bands too
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Umm... Maybe 3? Something like that, maybe a bit more. Was afraid of people in the same building getting annoyed so I didn't put it any higher.

Yes, I understand it's a bit too loud for my use, but I don't mind.

Bugera 6262 here.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Vox AC30 on 10. I used my sunface and player Kinks riffs relentlessly.

Twin Reverb on 10. Just an all around bad idea. Sweet tone, though.
I love the British Debate going on here but i have to concur i don't believe there is a definate british accent. If you go to newcastle and then liverpool you would know what i mean. If you mean that sterotypical well pronounced and dictated impression of the english accent you'll be sadly dissapointed as next to no people speak like that.

There have been some great british bands aswell as some horrific ones, but this story is the same where ever you are from.

I've never actually cranked my amp fully. I've cranked the pre-amp but the master volume has never been past 6 as i have had no need to and i'm actually scared i may blow my amp. I play mic'ed up so there really is no need.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by alkalineweeman
no such thing as a "British Accent"
you'll find Britain consists of 4 countries (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) all with very different accents and thats without going into regional variations.

Oh hush, Americans just think there is, you shouldn't care.
Peavey 6505+
I've cranked it up to 7 outdoors and holy crap this thing sounds pissed off
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
10 or full i guess because theres no numeric values.

Oh and Gnrage, why do you hate the YCS-50? I have it too, so im just wondering if you were actually serious.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Page 1 of 5