I have a schecter hellraiser with emgs and I need a new amp for gigging soon
I also have a roland cube 60 but thats all

I'm really want a tube so recommend me tubes please
Although the hellraiser is meant for metal; I want to play really mellow stuff too like red hot chili peppers

I will probably get another guitar as soon as I get the money to cover cleans and that bluesy light rock tone

I've already thought about many tubes like marshalls, krank, peavey and others
I'm looking for a nice tube that can be used for gigging with overall nice tone
Metal wize; children of bodom or metallica tone, cleans like chili peppers, warm
Check around local music stores, try out everything you can find. I found a slammin deal on a Mesa Nomad half stack. Mines got a real nice metal sound and a good warm clean sound, only complaint is that it gets boomy when you're using a humbucker on the clean. Try out a lot of things to find out what sounds good to you.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Budget?

I'm kinda bored with threads asking for COB brootalz and Chili Peppers cleans. Each of those tones came from $5000+ rigs. That being said, a Carvin V3 could cop it pretty well, for a grand.
A few years ago when I was looking for a gigging amp I ran across a Crate Blue voodoo 120 watt head with a 4x12 cabinet. I too was playing a schecter (omen 6 if Im not mistaken), and i decided to buy the amp to "hold me over until I could find something else. However, after replacing the tubes, I never looked back. The amp had the most beautiful cleans I had ever heard and the distortion was fantastic too. I used a digitech multi pedal to get my chorus and my lighter distortions, but i felt that the heavier songs sounded perfect with the BV's distortion maxed out. You can find used Blue voodoos every once in a while on ebay, or if you're looking for a new amp you can check out guitar center or sam ash. Crate doesn't still produce the blue voodoo so to speak but if I'm not mistaken they still have a line of tube amps where the model number starts with BV. These contain the exact same guts as the blue voodoo, just under a different name. You can get everything from a single 10 combo all the way up to a full stack. If you have a good pa i suggest the 212 combo and just mic it, its way less strenuous to lug around and probably has the same output as my 120. I know I sound a bit one sided as far as tubes are concerned but for what you're wanting to play I don't think you can go wrong with this amp. Other than that you should just try out tube amps and see what fits your style. A new one can be quite costly and it can get expensive to buy one you're not happy with and have to replace it to fit your tastes. I just got lucky and got exactly what I was looking for at a steal my first time around. Good luck and I hope this was helpful.
budget would be quite helpful....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
hey deadmeat82 what did you change your tubes to in your blue voodoo,i was thinking about changing mine but just wondering what to.