How???

I try and try and just can't do it!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdR_wMt-dK4 (look at 1:36)

Thats a video of Matt Bellamy from Muse doing it perfectly, how is it done - originally I thought it was to do with his Fuzz Factory but I seem to be having no joy, anyone got any ideas???
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
I'm not sure how he does it that good, I can imagine high gain pickups help though.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
It may depend on what kind of nut you have too though....
I think a nut made of steel gives more sound.. instead of a plastic one
zakk wylde does that kinda noise by hitting the stings between the bridge and tail on his LP, im guessing its just high gain pups
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by LambOfBodom666

I think a nut made of steel gives more sound..

that sounds funny.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
It's a Matt B. signature move. You have to fill up on star power first before attempting it.

I asked about this once and someone told me a combination of high-output pickups, brass nut (on the guitar ), and high gain on the amp helps.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Well I know Tom Morello does it on like a stock Telecaster. Which is like not high gain or anything at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9qEQnpKT7M

I think it's just down to technique and practice.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Quote by Esparko
Well I know Tom Morello does it on like a stock Telecaster. Which is like not high gain or anything at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9qEQnpKT7M

I think it's just down to technique and practice.

I do it on a strat. It's about force, in my opinion. I get great behind the nut stuff when I just beat the hell out of the strings with my hand, a pick, my amp, whatever.
Awesome, cheers for the help!
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
i think its down to having a 6 in a line headstock havnt seen it been done on a guitar with a headstock with 3 a side tuners ive been told to strum real hard across 1st 3 strings with lots of gain but doesnt work for me
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
i find just strumming above the neck works
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
In order to do that, you must have all of the strings on one side of the guitar. For example a Strat or a Tele. When you strum the G string it creates that noise, only due to the fact that all of the string are running straight up to tuners on one side of the guitar. Although, I have seen this done on other guitars, but I'm not sure how to do it that way...