Page 1 of 3
Forgive me if this thread has already been made, but I've not found one.

So here's the place to talk about AS/A level exams for 2008.

Anyone else bricking it?

I'm doing my AS levels this year and I honestly think I'm probably going to have to re-sit next year, I've not worked hard enough this year....
I've got AS exams in a few weeks, I'll underperform but I think I'll do well enough.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I'm taking my A-Levels and it's a realistic possibility that I might not get the required grades for my lowest University.
A2s in Geography, Biology...and Physics.

Probably a B in Geog, C in Bio and a U for Physics...

Not bothering going to uni, so I'll be happy with whatever I get...well providing it's not 3 Us...
Last edited by urbanfox at Apr 21, 2008,
Got A2s in a few weeks. Need 3 out of 4 As to get to all my choices.

Fun fun fun.
Also doing A-levels this year. I f**ked up last year, so had to resit alot of exams in January but it was worth it, im in a good position now. Has everyone started revision then?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Got my A2 exams soon, luckily i only need 240 UCAS points to do the course i want, but im bricking it nonetheless.

Im just hoping i get them, i genuinely have no idea what ill do if i dont

Good luck to all of you who are sitting them, hope you all do well

EDIT: ^bah, welsh is easy, i answered the second half of my paper using cartoons and got a D
Quote by dannyboy1992
GCSE's this year
got a welsh speaking tomoroow

yes i have welsh

aw man I totally sucked ass at my speakings for GCSE. I actually was terrible, a total embarrassment lol

so glad that languages are gone for me

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
i have A2s soon
really need to work, need ABB for my uni course.....but guitars are too much of a distraction
last year i screwed up in a couple of places but retakes are brilliant and now ive got a little cushion
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I ended up with 3 Es and a U (in maths) after my AS. I managed to fail a module in each subject though. So I retook those I failed and pushed my grades up to a C for Geog, a D (5 marks from a C) in Bio and...did even worse on the physics module so stayed at an E :P

I pissed all over general studies, for what its worth. 2 As and a B in the AS modules.
Quote by screwup30
Also doing A-levels this year. I f**ked up last year, so had to resit alot of exams in January but it was worth it, im in a good position now. Has everyone started revision then?

Erm I kind of have. For History and Business I have coz we're doing mocks each week. But for music I havn't, music is a bit of a joke at my school.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Got my AS Level exams coming up. Hoping to get my 5 A's!

Wish me luck. =P
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
I have AS, am expected AAABB and a Pass (for my IT course) but I always underachieve so I'll probably get something more like AABBB Pass. Bricking it; I didn't do well in my January exams and I've not started revision yet.
And I have six straight hours of English in one day
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Dear god, It's not just me that thinks AS are STUPIDLY hard compared with GCSE?

I mean seriously... You're expected to remember EQUATIONS for Physics and Maths. We never had to do that for GCSE, apart from the Sine rule stuff, and that was an easy acronym (Sex On Hard Concrete Always Hurts Those Outer Areas, simple!)

I'm seriously worried about what I'm gonna do for university...
AS coming up, I haven't even touched a textbook yet as far as revision goes and I'm doing resits for Januray's exams too. So yeah, I'm pretty much ****ed.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I have AS, am expected AAABB and a Pass (for my IT course) but I always underachieve so I'll probably get something more like AABBB Pass. Bricking it; I didn't do well in my January exams and I've not started revision yet.
And I have six straight hours of English in one day

yeah, on my first day i have 5 hours of exams. sucks but ahwell

Think of the summer to get you through it all man

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
I've got AS levels this year too.... scared! For some peculiar reason I took Human Biology, so I'm a bit petrified now as I barely understand any of it.... The other subjects should be alright... I'm pretty much bound to get B's, if I revise my socks off I might scrape A's.

Is anyone doing Critical Thinking as a 5th instead of Gen Studies? Cos I'm finding that a lot harder than I thought it would be, and am a bit worried about that... I'm currently at a C, and was hoping for at least a B.
Quote by DistantScreams
Awwwww.... CaptainBec that was messed up

Why? Because I rap about reality? Like me and my grandma having a cup of tea?
There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party - heey - ho!
Quote by Rocking-Rob
10 A2 exams in may and june, for physics maths and history

I need BBB which I can achieve only I need to start revising someone give me revision tips

stay off UG
dont play guitar
avoid fun things like xbox, computer, tv etc...
revise lol

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
is it wrong that im not scared about the fact i have an exam i know ****e all about in 3 weeks?
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
I feel thick, loads of people here are doing 5 AS's. I'm doing 3

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I've missed so much school, and done so little work, that I'm having to leave my AS courses. But I'm going for a Professional Diploma at BIMM Bristol in September, which only requires 5 A*-C GCSEs. I have 8 As and a B. I can still go on to do a BA at BIMM without any A-Levels.
Quote by webbtje
Got A2s in a few weeks. Need 3 out of 4 As to get to all my choices.

Fun fun fun.

I need four A's for Manchester and Leeds. Although one of those is maths, which I did last year, so only 3 in this sitting. But still, booooo!

I'm probably going to Sheffield or LSE anyway.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
BBB for uni, not too worried about that, im trying for AAB so i get a scholorship grant though.

AS levels are really hard when you do them, but after doing A2 they seem so much easier. A 10 mark essay question in geography was like 'OMG' back then, now we're having to do 45 mark ones.
I need BBC to get into my Uni. I failed two of my January resits, so that's looking unachievable. Funny, I got 5 A*s at GCSE. What went wrong?
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
I need AAB but I'm aiming for AAA for a scholarship. It shouldn't be too hard, I just find the English combined course horrifically dull and pointless. Whoever came up with it has no idea what English should be about.
I don't have to have a phenomenal amount of points, but I still want good grades. Not looking forward to my English or Psychology exams.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I was crapping myself, I knuckled down like hell. My guitars are in the loft, so are my harmonicas, and I have got my mates to change my passwords on all sites and forums I go on. All I can do is read and jog to distract me from revision.

I only got my UG one back today because I badly needed a break.

Seriously; knuckle down every day and all that stress will go away. I'm fretting, yes, but I'm finally realizing they aren't as bad as you originally think.

GCSE students; learn from this.

I also do maths; I'm starting on C3 in my holidays.
Quote by happy-and-lost
I need BBC to get into my Uni. I failed two of my January resits, so that's looking unachievable. Funny, I got 5 A*s at GCSE. What went wrong?

*looks join date*

theres your problem
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Quote by --BLANK--

No, you are right.

I pissed my GCSEs - 9 Bs, 3 Cs (and an X for an exam I didn't bother going to - was only RS so meh) with absolutely nil revision - Maybe if I'd have done some decent courseworks there would have been As.

I did some revision for my AS's and got 3 Es... So I'm actually revising this year.
Quote by SmarterChild
I need AAB but I'm aiming for AAA for a scholarship. It shouldn't be too hard, I just find the English combined course horrifically dull and pointless. Whoever came up with it has no idea what English should be about.

You should have been cool like me and taken Literature and Language as seperate subjects
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by --BLANK--

I mean seriously... You're expected to remember EQUATIONS for Physics and Maths. We never had to do that for GCSE, apart from the Sine rule stuff, and that was an easy acronym (Sex On Hard Concrete Always Hurts Those Outer Areas, simple!)

I'm seriously worried about what I'm gonna do for university...

wait till you get to A2, seriously maths a/s is like a walk in the park
Quote by Dinkydaisy
You should have been cool like me and taken Literature and Language as seperate subjects

I know. I wish they'd told us at GCSE that combined was a crap and pointless waste of time rather than pretending that it was actually a qualification. Having said that, the quality of English in my class is so low that even knowing the tiniest facts about who wrote which book makes everyone in awe of your mastery of the subject.

Quote by Rocking-Rob
wait till you get to A2, seriously maths a/s is like a walk in the park

A2 isn't so bad, apart from some parts of C4, which is starting to get a bit crazy. I mean half the marks are basically for integration, so if you're bad at that, you're completely screwed.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Apr 21, 2008,
In my AS year, I had 3 subject.

All I did that year was party my wee ass off, and I ended up getting 3 U's.

It was such an amazing year for parties but I really regret it now.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Quote by axis56
*looks join date*

theres your problem

Yeah, because his join date has affected his grades

By any interest, who takes Politics A-level? I'm interested in what it's like. Also, someone should make a GCSE exam/results day thread soon.

EDIT: V Hey, thanks buddy, appreciated.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by charvel_man
Yeah, because his join date has affected his grades

By any interest, who takes Politics A-level? I'm interested in what it's like. Also, someone should make a GCSE exam/results day thread soon.

Yeah, I take it for AS this year, and I want to take it next year. Probably doing it a Uni.

I really enjoy it. The first year is more the theory behind the structure of government in the UK and stuff like that, the EU as well is covered. I'm told in year 13 you start to study the ideologies more in depth, like communism and fascism etc. It's really good though, especially if you have a teacher you can walk aaall over like we do. Man we have some giggles.

Hope this helps.
Quote by DistantScreams
Awwwww.... CaptainBec that was messed up

Why? Because I rap about reality? Like me and my grandma having a cup of tea?
There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party - heey - ho!
Page 1 of 3