Hey everyone, just threw this together, took me a few weeks. I wrote down all my ideas on a blank template and just figured out ways to bridge them together, and then came up with some stuff while writing. This is the end result, let me know what you think ^_^

It's only 5 minutes, so don't worry, it won't bore you guys too bad hopefully. As always, C4C
Attachments:
New Song - IMPORTANT.zip
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
That was really cool. I really enjoyed it all.

-You did everything pretty much perfectly, the time signatures never really sounded forced.

-I was expecting the heavy riff to develop a little more (As in, repeat some more with some different drums)

-The Sporadicy part I liked, there's nothing too special about it, it just seemed to come in at the perfectly right time.

-Bars 51-62 would be pretty hard to play.

-The transition into the soft part ("Jazz that ****") sounded a little strange, but its fine.

-I really liked it from "Jazz that ****" onward, good stuff right there.

-The Arabian shred was pretty awesome.

You got pretty much everything perfectly, I liked every riff, and the clean part was great.

8.75/10 Really good
Nothing much to add, I will just say that the jazz part seemed a bit repetitive. Maybe extend the guitar solo a bit, go into a bit of a Santana styled bit?

Oh and it's 'You're Probably Weeping' and 'Yup, You're Weeping', not 'Your'. Not that you'd care but I thought I'd point it out.
nice, i loved that bit at 36 into the bit you called sporadicy the dissonance into that melodic riff owned. and then the weird riffing before going into the drum solo.

drum solo was a bit long tbh lol.

the jazz part was cool but it really didnt fit tbh, i love the unpredictability of prog but it seemed you just had that part and the other part and thought ill do a massive drum solo and then throw this in because i can.

but before the drum solo was awesome man.

mind checking out mine? similar kinda thing.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843448
I liked both part of the song (pre drum solo and jazz) but I have to agree with ch715dallat, it doesn't really fits. I think they're just too different.
The heavy part sounds pretty cool, maybe you should use it some more
Besides those two things I've got nothing more to suggest, really liked the song.

If you want, crit on of mine please.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=839101
amazing.

10/10.

I loved it
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
ohhh, what happened to musicians who use keys?
The drum solo was a bit... awful.
Most of the metal riffs were bad. The arabian "Shred" was okay.
The jazz part was fucking win.
Just, fucking win all over the place.

Without that jazz section I would've given you a 4/10.
But with it I jack it upto an 8.5/10.
Good job.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Nice work, man! Really reminded me of Dream Theater, especially Constant Motion, on lots of part . I really liked everything up until 'Guts Will Rain'. No, it's not that it's bad, it's more of personal preference, as I don't quite fancy such riffs. I was also expecting a solo or two, and you certainly had many chances of putting one in the song, so I was kinda disappointed.

Sorry if this offends you or anything, but the drum solo is kinda pointless. I don't see it as necessary there, and it's not up to par with the rest of the song. And also, drums without bass = fail .

The jazz part was... well.... not that it's bad or anything, and it just felt right to insert it there, it's just that it kinda gets boring and generic without any noticeable lead. Perhaps you could consider putting it there?

Well, to be honest, this was overall a pleasant song. You have a solid foundation here. but imo it could still be improved. I'd give it somewhere between 8 to 8.5/10 Oh, and nice job on using standard tuning and not retardedly low tuning lol . For that alone, you get extra points from me .

Crit mine? It's the second one on my sig, a progressive symphonic metal song.
Hey, Yeah, there is supposed to be a lead in the jazz part everyone, it's the organ, supposed to be vocals, and I extended the guitar solo to go until the rest of the song pretty much, on the .mp3 I made of it. Thanks for all the feedback

I put up a recorded version, minus the piano if you want to hear that guitar solo.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844320 if you want.
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
Last edited by JimmyPage97 at Apr 23, 2008,
Quote by Seth Shadows
ohhh, what happened to musicians who use keys?
The drum solo was a bit... awful.
Most of the metal riffs were bad. The arabian "Shred" was okay.
The jazz part was fucking win.
Just, fucking win all over the place.

Without that jazz section I would've given you a 4/10.
But with it I jack it upto an 8.5/10.
Good job.

I agree with this post..
But I disagree slightly with the fact that most of the metal riffs were bad... You had good ideas... Just not that great execution.