Page 1 of 2
Christ. I have a hernia. In my man-place.

This is not good, pit. My most precious space has been violated by a muscle tear. Pics can't be included, as this isn't an imageboard with a name falling somewhere between /a/ and /c/. So my word must suffice unless you're sick enough to go searching other places where I may or may not have posted pics.

And, so it's not spam, who else has had a hernia? What happened? Share your hernia stories here!
My stomach turned a little.

I'm a sissy
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
my gran got rushed into hospital because she had a stomach upset that caused a hernia in her intestine to rupture. she was in agonising pain and had to have quite major surgery and some of her intestine removed to fix it.

but dw, i'm sure yours'll be much more easily fixed, at least they know it's there, lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Every time i come to the pit theres always SOMETHING about someones penis...

How exactly did such an injury occur?
my dad had one last year, he was fine about a week or two after surgery.
but there was a month of pain before he could get a surgery.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Its not as bad as it sounds.. you'll just need to go into hospital for a day or two and have it repaired, probably with some form of mesh implant.
Quote by -metalhead-
"Aaaaaand, hernia."

Kudos if you get the reference.

friends hi5
Inguinal hernia huh??

It is the most common hernia. Apparently 45% of all guys get it. So its no big deal. A small operation and you'll be fine.

Its bad if its a femoral hernia. That can kill. But as you say its in your man place, its gotta be inguinal.

And to flaunt some knowledge from my last semester's medical studies,
The Inguinal canal is a canal between the abdominal muscle layers. It has two opennings, a superficial and a deep one. Superficial is near your ball sack and deep one is near your ASIS (Spine of your pelvis, basically the bone that stick out at your hip). Its the canal through which the testes and ovaries descend to their place from where they're formed.

Due to abdominal strain on its contents (probably due to lifting a heavy weight, or sometimes for no reason), a small portion of the intestine makes its way into the canal through the opening. The intestine gets stuck in there and causes an obstruction of the food passage through the intestine causing pain, discomfort, vomiting and a few other symptoms.

Many times the hernia heals itself as the intestine makes it way out of the canal and goes back to its normal place. But if it doesn't heal itself, the abdomen needs to be opened and the obstructed bowel part needs to me manually got out of there. But its nothing big deal. As i said, its very common. 45% of all males have it at some point of their life.

Some medical knowledge for UG!!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by Grundy0
Say goodbye to a sex life, ever. You think I'm kidding don't you?

Dude, we're in the pit. We're already cursed with no sex life.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
You may feel a connection to this video TS;

Living With A Hernia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvCR7ZTjar0
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
if this means you cant erect im sorry for your loss if you still can look on the brightside of it or at least try to
its really not that big of a deal, assuming you get it fixed. i had one when i was like 8 years old. surgery fixed it. not a major thing. it only really gets serious if you dont get it fixed.
Well, I could suggest to rub a certain product, that is warm and cold at the same time, but can't you get to a surgeon or something?

Reminds me of Chris from Skins....Get a woman to change your bandages! Go you!
he'll really let a lunatic surgeon do surgery on his lower horn last option is tranny which i doubt he will take
Quote by hellsbiker
if this means you cant erect im sorry for your loss if you still can look on the brightside of it or at least try to

Guys, there's no real LOSS, I never lost the ability to "function." It just looks like I have a third testicle.

It has been going in and out, depending on how much lower abdomen muscle activity was going on, so it was relatively unpredictable.

HOWEVER, It really got awkward when the girlfriend's hands started going down that street. I'd always be checking on my own before I'd let her touch me, didn't wanna look like a triple teste, ya know?
well at least shell think your manly if you have a third one either that or she will freak
Last edited by hellsbiker at Apr 21, 2008,
Concerning men places, I just had an event that scared the **** out of me. I've had extensive surgery on my penis and scrotum, and I'm currently in recovery.

Until this morning I had a hematoma (a massive collection of blood) in my scrotum between my testicles, that was slowly bleeding out, as it is supposed to, through a break in my stitches however this morning the entire thing ruptured. I had blood everywhere, but not a fluid liquid but rather a clotted mess that caked my entire body, sheets, hair, in my mouth.

I was rushed to the hospital, where they bleed me out then they stitched me up and sent me home with some heavy pain killers. Scared the **** out of me.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
wow actually im going to the doctors today because one of my nuts has... is.... yea
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Last edited by Pr3vieWX360 at Apr 21, 2008,
I had a hernia. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. It gets much worse after surgery...I doubt you'll be playing the guitar. I couldn't lift much besides a video game controller, and I couldn't walk except from the bed to the couch.
I fear the day this might happen to me
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Is it true you're not allowed to masturbate for a certain amount of time after hernia surgery?
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Apr 23, 2008,
Page 1 of 2