Californication - RHCP
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
It depends what your into. Something with power or basic chords. To practise chord changes House of The Rising Sun definetly. If your into punk music then great most songs are made up of power chords and the solos in the songs are easy. A good one to learn would be Paranoid by Black Sabbath
A lot of stuff from Blink 182, Greenday, Nirvana...

Any specific genre?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Easiest song is Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple. First song I learned and I figured it out by myself. It's not hard at all, takes virtually no thought and you can figure it out if you're just messing around with random frets. Easy version:

A| --0-3-5--0-3-6-5--0-3-5-3-0
When we're alone we'll find some peace
Quote by ShadowOnTheWall
Easiest song is Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple. First song I learned and I figured it out by myself. It's not hard at all, takes virtually no thought and you can figure it out if you're just messing around with random frets. Easy version:

A| --0-3-5--0-3-6-5--0-3-5-3-0

+1
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 (Desert Burst)
-ESP HORIZON FR II
-Squier BulletStrat
-Marshall MG100HDFX
-Marshall AVT412A
-Fender Frontman 15G
-Digitech RPx400
-Boss (MT-2, MD-2, GE-7, DD-7, CE-5. TU-15, BCB-60)
The songs that I learned first when I was a beginner was Knockin On Heavens Door by Guns N' Roses and Don't Cry. These are great songs that introduce you to the major open chords and they are fun to play with the live track.