Right, this is mainly to vent now.
I am in my first year of Sixth Form (Maths, BS, Physics and Psychology), and I'm thinking of doing maths at Uni. The main university I'm looking to go to wants ABB at least (the A being maths obviously), and AAB for the people wanting to do a masters. I'd be looking to do a masters anyway, but wouldn't be annoyed if I end up doing a bachelors.

So, right now in december I get one off an A in my maths C1, which is my fault for not revising as much as I could. I'm retaking so I can get as high as possible, with the more likely chance of getting that A. There's no other worry with my other subjects, they're all on track, high B's and maybe an A in BS if I try.

None of this bothers me, thats just background information for you
No, the real pain is next year.

I was planning on dropping Psychology anyway, since I hate my teacher so much. Last term for progress monitoring, my mum talked to my maths teacher and told her she thinks I could do further maths well.
WELL DONE FOR TELLING ME NOW!
So, next year, I instead of getting 10 free periods to do my own work in te library, I'll be getting 3. I won't be taking 3 A2 subjects, I'll be doing 4, one of them being really hard apparently. I'm doing maths and stats, which means if I cover mechanics in my own time and do M1 and 2 in december, I'll be just the same off as anyone else doing further maths, and decided to start it the start of this year.

This is so annoying, and apparently I'll only receive one and a half A levels for doing this, which I don't get. I'll be covering everything that they are, and doing twice the amount of work as them next year, while receiving a worse grade. THIS IS NOT FAIR!
ARGH!

Ok, yes, there are positives, like the fact that it should look good on my Uni application, the fact that I decided to take further maths in my second year so I could get more chance of getting into a good Uni. I'm hoping all this effort will be useful, because I'm going to go insane next year with all the work.

So there's my rant... I just needed to say what was on my mind, hehe.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Yea my friend did exactly the same thing.. and he's now doing a masters in maths at soton uni. Its possible just be prepared to work most of the time your awake.
I got a C in maths and i struggled even to get that (I was predicted a E/D)
Your good at maths, accept it.
Also, enjoy your college/6th Form years, there the best of you life. I;m nearing the end of my second year and i'm like WTF?! Where have the last 2 years gone?!
Quote by Moggan13
I got a C in maths and i struggled even to get that (I was predicted a E/D)
Your good at maths, accept it.
Also, enjoy your college/6th Form years, there the best of you life. I;m nearing the end of my second year and i'm like WTF?! Where have the last 2 years gone?!

Same here, I've got less than 3 weeks left and im sorta like ...
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.