--11--------8--------7--------|
------7--------7--------7-----|
---------8--------8--------8--|
------------------------------|
------------------------------|
---7--------------------------|[/B]

im learning to play this classical piece romanza and the second part on bold

cramps my hand and hurts my wrist

the thing about this piece your suppose to hold it as barre chords to keep the notes ringing so i do that i keep the my first finger barring and do a lil stretch with my pinky

the problem is not pain as in stretching the finger im pretty flexible in that aspect is the wrist that locks up and is a pain that doesnt let me do the thing smoothly

anybody got some tips,advice or an exercise to do this little riff easier

if anybody wants to try the song here is the link is bar #10 where i got the riff from
http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/anonymous/romance_romanza_guitar_pro.htm
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
I'm assuming you're doing this on an acoustic, but either way this advice will help. Some players palm the back of the neck, eg. grabbing it like a baseball bat type grip - this'll keep your fingers from developing strength and agility. YOu should use your thumb to bolster your grip on the back of the neck instead.

If you're standing, whether with acoustic or electric, raise the guitar on the strap so it's about level where you'd have it when sitting. Your fret hand angle shouldn't be too severe.

Other than that, it's just practice man. Gotta woodshed.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Before you play it flex your wrist back and forth and if possible try and exercise your wrists if you go to the gym or something.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
- this'll keep your fingers from developing strength and agility. YOu should use your thumb to bolster your grip on the back of the neck instead.

usually i have the thumb around the neck kind like bat like you said if im doing a lot of vibrato and bending but on this case since is a classical piece i keep the thumb on the back so it allows me to stretch

what messes me up if i keep the the 1st finger barring i think im getting my hand all tense and when i do the stretch my wrist kind of locks up and hurts
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
when i play my guitar i tend to get cramp aind pains in my hands 2

i jst do finger exercises to help my fingers get used to the streaching and stuff....

best jst to flex your ffingers hands and whrist about..... it would also help to like wax the neck =] makes it easyer to paly and can help streaching.....

gl tomthebomb01 =]
My Gear

Epiphone: Les Paul - 1994 - Birdseye.
Tenson: Strat
Samick: Acoustic < On Long Term Lend.
Samick: Amp - 15w
Roland Cube 30 Amp
while playing accoustic always remember: - your left hand thumb must be always in the centre of the neck and never on the top of it.
- in order to maximize your left hand strenght always use the top of all the fingers, where the skin is harder and has a better contact point.
- your right hand pinky must be (most of times) near the bridge in order to give you a basic leaned forward position for a faster and action.

im a guitar instructor and im always telling this to my students.
Try doing double stop excersizes. Maybe this is just for bass, but try it on guitar

something like:
5|-2---4---shift-3---5---ect.|
6|-1---3---shift-2---4---ect.|

Try doing that at whole notes at maybe 70 BPM, and the key is to keep all 4 fingers down when doing the second double stop.
Do that up to maybe the 10th fret or around there at least once a day and your wrist will never be a problem again.
Again, it might only work for bass, but give it a try.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol