i have an Ibanez GIO SA and i dont do anything with it, i'm thinking about putting a Floyd Rose on it and i want to know if i can? Can I put a Floyd Rose on it? I'm gonna put EMGs in it too. I just wanted to know if i would be able to and would it be worth it?
no just buy a new guitar. its much easyer and youll new guitar will propably sound better
You would prob have to do some routing for the FR, and installing an FR is an expensive and difficult job for most ppl. If you have another guitar and you really don't use the SA anymore, I think it would make a great project guitar either for future use or just to practice your guitar modification skills. Personally, I would work my way up. Starting with simple mods like pot changes or truss rod/saddle adjustments, once you are comfortable with that kind of stuff maybe move on to stuff like pickups and then maybe a FR.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by ozoneslayer
no just buy a new guitar. its much easyer and youll new guitar will propably sound better

Well, the neck on the GSA60, atleast on mine, is very nice.

This means that it is a great guitar to mod; although installing a Floyd Rose is going to be nearly impossible.

New pickups are quite an easy mod and you might want to consider:

-some good locking tuners

-a graphite nut

-roller string trees (some online part stores have them)

-Schaller (or a different brand) straplocks

-if you go for EMGs, you're going to have to do this anyway, but replace the old electronics, too (like the switch and knobs)

-a good setup

-maybe a new, proper, vintage style trem
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by PRIMUS_SUCKS666
i have an Ibanez GIO SA and i dont do anything with it, i'm thinking about putting a Floyd Rose on it and i want to know if i can? Can I put a Floyd Rose on it? I'm gonna put EMGs in it too. I just wanted to know if i would be able to and would it be worth it?

I'm going to assume you're not playing with a great amp so: you should buy a new amp before you go changing the pickups because with a relatively cheap or bad amp you won't notice the improvement in tone you'll get from new pickups.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.