Hey,
Well, during the summer, I'm gonna work really hard to raise up cash for guitar stuff (obviously), and other more responsible stuff too, but since I have a rather good job, I'm gonna be able to raise quite a bit of cash.

Anyways, once I budget everything the way I like it, i'm gonna have anywhere from 1500 to 3000 USD to spend on guitar stuff. That's before I sell alot of my stuff that I don't use any more (like, non guitar stuff).
Since I already have two pretty hawt amps (the CBB and a peavey classic 50), i really don't need a new amp. Unless I can sell my classic, and have enough money for one of the bad cats or buddas (or other british voiced amps) at my local store.

But, I have my heart kind of set on a new guitar. The one I have now is alright, and it sounds great, but once I played some of the nicer strats at a local store, mine seems kind of stiff feeling. And I could play much better on the strats there.

But anyways, I play mainly blues and rock and stuff like that. To me, playability is most important. I can always swap pickups to change the tone and whatnot. But, it has to have a decent tone nonetheless.
I don't care what type or brand, it just has to have good stock hardware and playability. I may just change my strat's neck for something like a warmoth or something which will be more comfortable to me.
I was thinking something along the lines of a Gretsch if I wanted to go the hollowbody route, or something like a PRS or a nicer strat or tele if I wanted to go solid.

Recommendations?
I should also add that I have quite small hands, and fat necks are quite uncomfortable to me.

And about replacing the strat neck, will it improve the playability that much? Because if it does, 200 bucks for a nice neck to make a good playability improvement is worth it.

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
man dark you just like spending money huh? lol.

but look into Gibby Lps and American strats Maybe a PRS?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
^^Yeah, there's an american strat at my local store for like 800 bucks. I may check that one out.
And I definitely wanted to get a good low wattage amp for practice and toting around.

^Yes, I like spending money on guitar stuff. But, I work darn hard for my money, and I like to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Guitar is my main time consumer.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by Doodleface

ahh forgot about those +1 to the carvin
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Yea, Dark, just sell the Strat and get your last guitar built before you're old enough to drink.

ROFL. good Idea though. maybe he should sell his strat and have like 2500 and get a Custom shop strat done?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I bet you would like a good semi-hollowbody. A Gretsch would definitely be a good buy, but how about a Ricky? Can't go wrong with a 360.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Duh, I forgot about carvins.
I'll check to see if my local store has those in stock.
I'm not entirely sure. They're a big prs dealer though.

Hmm... a custom job.
I dunno. those carvins look shexy though.
I don't think my local store has them though. I'd be more comfortable buying something which I can try out.

The store that i'd like to get it from is here: www.elderly.com

If you wanted to look through the website and help me look for stuff, that's be cool.
Or you don't have to. Your choice.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Apr 21, 2008,
Look into a G&L strat model (Legacy) if your local shop is a carrier... They have really thin necks and the construction is superb (better than American Fenders)... They run betweein 900-1400 for a good model... If your shop isn't a dealer though, it may be hard to find one
^I think my store doesn't carry G&L's.
PRS and Fender are their two biggest brands.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^I think my store doesn't carry G&L's.
PRS and Fender are their two biggest brands.

look for em on ebay they're great guitars you might like em. they're like a strat Actually Leo Fender made these after CBS bought out Fender ( I think). They have AMAZING necks not great with really dirty sounds imo but still really great guitars
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^Alright. I'll take a gander.
If I have dough left over, maybe I can soup up my CBB (new t00bs mainly, they're sort of old) and get something for practice.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
look into some les pauls strats telies and you can never go wrong with a PRS but id also look into this dude my brother works for http://www.jarrettguitars.com/home.php he has nice thin necks on his guitars and they sound reallly nice for blues or rock or anything really
PRS custom 24 all the way. It is just like a magical instrument.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
+1 to the G&Ls. I played a G&L telecaster the other day, its got a very thin neck, was a fairly noticeable difference between that and my strat. Sounded really nice as well, that nice bluesy rock sound you mentioned in your original post. Definately worth a lot,
but your smart, never buy anything without trying it out.

But sometimes ( if its possible ) worth travelling a bit to different shops that will stock different brands.
You could try to find a PRS McCarty. helluva guitar
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
^^Yeah, but the store (elderly) is like the only store which carries halfway decent guitars.
There's a couple of other stores around me (including a GC like an hour and half away, but I don't like buying there). But they only carry lower end stuff like these really uncomfortable washburns and cheaper brands.
I have always wanted a PRS, i'll look into one. There's a fair assortment of used stuff there too (quite good guitars too), so i'll look into that too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The Carvins are excellent guitars too. The necks are thin, so you should like them. lotta guitar for a little cash
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
^There isn't any dealers around me which carry Carvins. I'd rather try one out before I buy. Especially if i'm dropping 1.5 K+ on it.
An LP or SG with a thin neck profile would be ideal. Oh, with Bareknuckles too. Yummy.
LP's are comfortable to hold (for me) and I love how they sound, but their necks are a little bulky for me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^There isn't any dealers around me which carry Carvins. I'd rather try one out before I buy. Especially if i'm dropping 1.5 K+ on it.

I know this is a really entrenched mentality for a lot of people, but it's a non-issue with Carvin. You will end up with an amazing guitar, because you will have specificed every little thing about it that you could want.
^Hrmm... Guess you're right.
I still would feel better if I could try out the guitar before I bought one.
But, i'll definitely consider Carvin.
Well, i'm gonna start playing guitars during the summer, so I know what to save up for.
Or... maybe I should get more amps?

??

That would be overkill, but kinda cool
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s