This is more out of curiosity than anything else, but I have my spider III because i use so many different settings which makes it very awesome for what i do. If i were to upgrade my amp (which i will eventually do in several years) what amps would i be looking at? if i wanted to get that sorta versatility plus better tone, would i have to look at an upper end Line 6 or tube line 6? or is there a tube amp that i could look at that can handle that sorta versatility? it just seems like most people recommend specific tube amp brands for specific genres, so i just wanted to see what brands can do everything.

does that make sense? lol

thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Versatility on a (relative) budget: Spider Valve.

Versatility for more dough: H&K models such as the Switchblade.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Hughes & Kettner Triamp/Trilogy/Zentera, Line 6 Vetta/Vetta II, and there are loads more that I can't remember or don't know >_>
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Just get a marshall tube head and a decent cab. Then your set for life.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Egnater Mod 50.

Fo Sho'

Quote by freshtunes
Just get a marshall tube head and a decent cab. Then your set for life.

Cause, you know Marshalls kill in Jazz, and Death/Black Metal.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by chea_man
what kind of versatility or you talking about?

like the ability to do blues, classic rock, modern metal/rock, alt rock, and some random indie and country stuff all with good tone. lol when i sit down at with my guitar i just kinda move around genres.

thanks for the help btw,

so the flextones and vetta amps are good?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Doodleface
Death/Black Metal.

As much as I agree with you in principle Marshalls do get used loads in Death metal; for example I know that Karl Sander of Nile uses a Marshall head for the majority of his tone.

You're right though, the guy is an idiot and his ignorance is astounding.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Hughes & Kettner Triamp/Trilogy/Zentera, Line 6 Vetta/Vetta II, and there are loads more that I can't remember or don't know >_>

This man.

Listen to him.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--