so i've decided to go tube now and ive been looking for a one for the longest time. im a veritsatile player so i want something with good cleans thats loud and has a good crunch. my range is from 400 to 800. so far im debating on the peavy classic 50 or palomino v32h head with a v212 cab. the peavy classic is $850 and the palomino is $430 for the head and cab. ive heard good reviews from both of these but cant decide :P. i want the peavy but the price is making me turn towards the palomino. any ideas ?
I like the peavey better.
I actually might sell mine. I'll give you a better price than that too. That's too high for a 50.
You can find them for less than 600 easily.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you're fielding more suggestions...Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue. I tried it next to the Peavy Classic 50 and it won out. Also just under $700.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
^Yeah, traynors are nice too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by damnedone
Wonder what's up with that? On Craig's List Peavey Classic 50 410 Tweed Tube Amp - $225 ... that's less than a couple of pedals.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/649355993.html

Whoever doesn't scoop that up is an idiot
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
850 is what they are new, yeah its better to go used unless you really want the warranty and support. 500-600 is the going rate for used classic 50, also look into a Classic 30 they are quite a bit cheaper and really are the same amp. 30 watts tube is still very loud it easily get over any drummer, they can be had new for under 600, used 300-400
Great amp for the price, I really like mine. The only problem for me is the volume but that's only cuase I use this in a bedroom situation.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
i vote classic 30 (even though ive heard great things about the traynor) i also hve played the crate and wasnt wildly impressed.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

can the classic 50 be a good stand in for an old vox AC30? I heard the sound almost the same
have you ever tried the TRAYNOR YCV80 ? i was reading about it and heard that its a versatile tube amp.

Quote by Dazed/Confused
If you're fielding more suggestions...Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue. I tried it next to the Peavy Classic 50 and it won out. Also just under $700.