Page 1 of 2
we're into just about everything but death metal. Our singer has a voice between high and low. We want somethin thats gonna be easy. Round Blink 182 to Greenday easy.
try some nirvana theyll like that i bet
" i saw these 2 girls kiss and i i got all horny and stuff"
Sunshine of your Love - Cream

Everyone knows that song. It's fairly easy, tought the main riff may be tricky at the start as you have to mute one of the strings in the chord.
Play Binge and Grab, the Deli Creeps version so you can sing and whatever.

Have a good time with those solos.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater. JK how about Black Dog by Led Zep or some older Green Day stuff from Dookie?
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Nirvana would be easy. I dont think Seven Years by Saosin is too hard, and can be played in Drop D pretty well. Even if you dont have a screamer, if you can sing well, it should work.
play your own song(s), personally i hate when my school has a talent show or something and all the bands just cover other peoples music.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Then how about Blink 182 and Greenday? xD
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
detroit rock city

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
The Ocean - Led Zeppelin
About A Girl - Nirvana
Steeples - Dispatch
Here We Go - Dispatch

Seriously though...actually check out the Dispatch. Not too hard, really good.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Riot Maker - Tech N9ne.

No joke either.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
In the Presence of Enemies- Dream The... crap somebody beat me to it...

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
How long are you going to be playing for? Here are some songs that Definately should be played, some were mentioned before.

Sunshine Of Your Love (watch out for the solo!)-Cream
In Bloom- Nirvana
Black Dog- Led Zeppelin (You need a strong singer for this.)
Detroit Rock City- Kiss
Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground- The White Stripes
Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns N' Roses
Floating- The Raconteurs (improvise for solo, about a 1:10 space that needs to filled with soloing.)
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
How long are you going to be playing for? Here are some songs that Definately should be played, some were mentioned before.

Sunshine Of Your Love (watch out for the solo!)-Cream
In Bloom- Nirvana
Black Dog- Led Zeppelin (You need a strong singer for this.)
Detroit Rock City- Kiss
Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground- The White Stripes
Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns N' Roses
Floating- The Raconteurs (improvise for solo, about a 1:10 space that needs to filled with soloing.)

we're like 2 yrs. playing all of us. But we just started playling togeth. and the talent show for schools in 1 week. We need somethin fast and easy
Um, 2 years? You should be able to play most of Glasgow Kiss!

Quote by _synystergates_
we're like 2 yrs. playing all of us. But we just started playling togeth. and the talent show for schools in 1 week. We need somethin fast and easy

I can learn most of the songs in a week. Just practice a LOT every day and you'll be able to do it. In place of black dog (because of your singer) I reccomend Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Also, if your show is in a week, how are you going to play a concert? If you're going to be playing only one song, why call it a concert? If you are playing atleast 6 songs, its a bit late to be asking us for song choosing assistance. For a one song show, I reccomend Nothing Else Matters.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
try thunderstruck, everyone will go crazy for it.u dont need to make ur singer try to do brian johnson, no one caa, just have him use his natural voice.
meh
Whatsername by Green Day is extremely easy, and not too many people have heard it so you can sorta go where you want to with it. My vocal range is in that same area and I got it down pretty well in about two hours. (I had rhythm and vocals)
Gear:
Agile PRS Copy w/ floyd PS-970
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
hmm what advice would you give to an aspiring band?

as far as teamwork, good bandmates, and allt he other essentials
Don't play punk. Improvise a lot. Be Dream Theater.

Quote by lylewithans182
Talk Dirty to Me

I was just talking to a friend about a bunch of guys I knew who played this song a few years back. Everyone hated it, the DJ cut them out halfway through. Epic fail. It was hilarious. That should say you shouldn't choose this song.

Quote by SQHero

There was a band that played funk kind of stuff, mostly just random jamming on stage. Sounded decent, everyone goes for this stuff more. Need a guitarist that can improvise well, obviously.
Quote by decadence5423
I was just talking to a friend about a bunch of guys I knew who played this song a few years back. Everyone hated it, the DJ cut them out halfway through. Epic fail. It was hilarious. That should say you shouldn't choose this song.

Epic failure is right. Damn, that sure does suck for them. I kinda like that song too. Were they good and playing the song right? or did they just hate it?
Quote by _synystergates_
Epic failure is right. Damn, that sure does suck for them. I kinda like that song too. Were they good and playing the song right? or did they just hate it?

Well I'm assuming you're looking at a younger crowd of people. Many of them might not even know the song, and/or hate it. A lot of the stuff listed before would work out well.
Black Sabbath has some good stuff. Iron Man, NIB, Paranoid, War Pigs. Solos are tricky to down right insane on some songs, but those are fun songs to play. Cream is also good, but some solos are tough. What you play is what the group can play the best.
Quote by DieKrupps
led zeppelin - rock'n'roll

what i was gonna say
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
smells like teen spirit...every1 loves it. Solo is rediculously easy and theres only 8 power chords and the rest of it is just 2 notes played over and over again. Just for the love of god dont get your singer to try and sound like kurt.
Play some nirvana and pearl jam.
play betterman by pearl jam
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Play lots of popular, well-known bands' music, but they're not-popular material. For example:

"Only of You" - Green Day
"Touchdown Boy" - Blink 182
"Our Lady of Sorrows" - My Chemical Romance
"Maybe Memories" - The Used
etc.

Oh. And if you'll reconsider the death metal thing, you should cover "Nine in the Afternoon" by Panic at the Disco death metal style.
Quote by Dazed/Confused
The Ocean - Led Zeppelin
About A Girl - Nirvana
Steeples - Dispatch
Here We Go - Dispatch

Seriously though...actually check out the Dispatch. Not too hard, really good.

+1 Amazing song and it's really easy....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
just do a 25 minute long free jazz exploration. helps if yr really, really stoned first.

but honestly if you need to ask what to play then you guys have no business being on a stage. how can you be a band with no material, not songs you all know or anything?

just have each of ya pick 2 songs you wanna do, learn em and play them. thats it.
when my band played it's first show we played 3 of our songs the following cover songs:

my brain is hanging upside down - ramones
polly-nirvana
jesus doesn't want me for a sunbeam"-nirvana
california sun- rancid
highway to hell - ac/dc
you shook me all night long - ac/dc
paranoid - black sabbath
molly's lips - nirvana

try to do stuff everyone can sing along to and keep it simple. u can learn any of these songs in a day. even a crappy band can get one of these songs down in one or two practices so go for it!
Quote by SQHero

For some reason this greatly amused me and for some reason I'm also going to sig it as it's valuable advice!

Anyway just play what you all like, don't ask US what YOU want to play.
Anyone will think you're good as they can't play, for some reason when people can't play music and they look at people they know playing music they go nuts.

But as a suggestion: Scarified - Racer X
I've been playing two and a half years and can play it so you may be able to!
Page 1 of 2