Right, basically i bought a cheap and cheerful shotgun microphone about a year ago, just as an all round microphone - which was used pretty much just for acoustic guitar and very very rough drums. I was pretty pleased with the quality - however, for an overall sound for the drums, it wasn't brilliant.

So my question to you guys is:
Could you name some [cheapish] microphones that would capture a balanced overall sound from a kit? And also be able to record some pretty decent vocals too.

I've been looking into the Samson C01, Behringer C2's, Superlux ECOH6A. Hopefully that gives you an idea of my price range/what im looking for.

Cheers, Joe
Use parentheses. Brackets make me feel gross.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Shure Sm57. It's $100 for one. I get great results with it for whatever; Drums, acoustics, amps, horns, even vocals. It is the most versatile mic I have used anywhere, and highly recommend it to everyone.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by MoonBoots432
Use parentheses. Brackets make me feel gross.

What the hell are you talking about ?
There is poetry in despair.
Kick - Sennheiser e602
Overheads - Behringer ECM8000

I wouldn't typically use either of them for vox, though.

Different tools for different jobs!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.