Ive been wanting a new amp recently and just can't find that Mid-Gain Im looking for.. a local Peavey Dealer whose a buddy of mine said he'd give me an Envoy for 200 bucks but I couldn't get a good "Vintage" tone outta it.. Im looking for something I could get out a Classic Rock, Marshall feel I got the pedals and effects for the metal distortion I just want a Vintage Tone.. maybe I didn't play with the Envoy Enough.. =\
How about a Peavey Classic 30? They are great for classic rock, and if pushed with the right guitar and with an OD it can get into metal territory, old school metal for sure.
well I may not have the money for that budget ends at about 350.. I thought about a Frontman 212R but Ive heard otherwise
Don't get the Frontman. The Envoy is a hybrid right? 'Transtube' technology or whatever that is. I've heard some good things about the Peavey Valveking and it is just over $400 so that or the Classic 30 imo

I'll prolly come home tomorrow with a Valveking

;
The Bandit is not a bad amp, its Solid State, but Peavey's SS are pretty good. How much do you have in your budget? I saw in your first post that the Envoy was 200. Can you strech that a bit? Cause if you can get it up around 300-400 dollars you could get a really nice tube amp combo, like a Classic 30 used.
I'll try my best to find it.. I dont get paid much about 400 a month so.. things do get hectic when searching for things I want to buy..
Hey as a Throw in, in there how about a Valve King Royal 8, I really don't want something that loud.. would this be a good alternative?.. I know it seems like Im putting the Peavey off but.. well can't find good deals that would fit my budget..
Quote by TheHentaiNazi
Ive been wanting a new amp recently and just can't find that Mid-Gain Im looking for.. a local Peavey Dealer whose a buddy of mine said he'd give me an Envoy for 200 bucks but I couldn't get a good "Vintage" tone outta it.. Im looking for something I could get out a Classic Rock, Marshall feel I got the pedals and effects for the metal distortion I just want a Vintage Tone.. maybe I didn't play with the Envoy Enough.. =\

You're not going to get those kind of tones out of a solid state amp, simple as....you need tubes.

If you can't get more then $200 for the forseeable future look at the Valveking Royal 8 or the Fender Champ 600

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-Royal-8-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481661
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Champion-600-5-Watt-1x6-Combo-Amp?sku=485054

However, if you can scrape together another $80 the Blackheart Little Giant is well worth looking at.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
just as a bump back up could the Fender Handle Effects well?. I have alot of Pedals that pump alot of Distortion like the Digitech Death Metal and RP90
well the RP90 seems to do a good job modelling so thats mainly what I'll be using and the Death Metal Pedal.. well.. the RP90 doesn't do a good job at High Distortion.. otherwise really Sub-par? Im not trying to be insulting but is there a Pedal you would recommend over it for uh.. well Metal Disortion Wise..
^Cranked amp and a tubescreamer.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Cleans Arn't really important to me, Vintage Distortion and High Distortion is my Main Points, so would the Fender fit that or should I be looking elsewhere because the Peavey Classic 30 doesn't seem to be heading my way for about 200..
Look the FM is crap (if that's the Fender you're thinking of) Forget the damn death metal pedal, it sucks as well. For 350 there is TONS of great amps used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crate-Palomino-V16-Class-A-Tube-Electric-Guitar-Amp-NR_W0QQitemZ220227342820QQihZ012QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Paomino. There is a day or two left but i HIGHLY doubt that it will go past 300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Classic-30-Tube-Amplifier-Tube-amp_W0QQitemZ140226374819QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That classic 30 is almost done and its at like 300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ160233110593QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A valveking for 350 There will probably be ones even cheaper than that.

A good idea for you might be the peavey windsor studio used. Supposedly there isn't much of a clean channel so that and an OD might be good as well.

If you want new, there are plenty of good amps that have already been suggested.
Quote by TheHentaiNazi
Cleans Arn't really important to me, Vintage Distortion and High Distortion is my Main Points, so would the Fender fit that or should I be looking elsewhere because the Peavey Classic 30 doesn't seem to be heading my way for about 200..

If it's the Champ I recommended then it's not going to be ideal for high distortion and you'd be better off with the Royal 8, however you'd be better off saving a little more and getting the Blackheart.

If you're talking about the Frontman then no, it's not good for anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

No I was talking about the Champ.. and today I might of made a mistake.. I was quite impressed with the tone of Valvetronix by Vox and bought it.. now Im wondering if I made the correct Decision.. I guess I have I do enjoy the tones Im getting..
Last edited by TheHentaiNazi at Apr 25, 2008,
Thanks.. just about anything was on the list.. as long as it kicked out a tone I liked.. I loved the way the Vox Sounded and just had to get it..
Quote by TheHentaiNazi
Thanks.. just about anything was on the list.. as long as it kicked out a tone I liked.. I loved the way the Vox Sounded and just had to get it..

It's a good amp - not as good at those medium gain tones as a full tube amp would be but for a solid state it does a good job. It's certainly miles better than the likes of the Envoy or Frontman.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc