Page 1 of 4
i've noticed there have been quite a few songs released and accepted in the mainstream even back in the sixties that sounded nice, but if you looked at the lyrics, you found they were about a much different thing than you originally thought, or were they? i'm starting this as an attempt to compile the longest list of "not so innnocent" songs. i'll start with a few

pictures of lily -the who
norwegian wood -the beatles
every breath you take -sting and the police
relax - frankie goes go hollywood
every breath you take is about a stalker
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Every breath you take is just creepy
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind. It's about raunchy meth sex
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Lola by The Kinks is about a drag queen / Transvesite xD
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
'Don't Stand So Close to Me' (also by The Police) is about the relationship between a student and a teacher.
The Smashing Pumpkins - Today is about suicide

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The La's - There She Goes
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
Lola by The Kinks is about a drag queen / Transvesite xD

Yeah I know, for some reason I always feel really sorry for the guy in that song every time I hear it All of a sudden he thinks he's all grown up only to find he nipped a fecking man. Dang I'd be gutted too.
my sharona - knack

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
The Stranglers - Golden Brown
The Vapors - Turning Japanese
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by zekk
Every breath you take is just creepy

in tv production calss this year i wrote and directed and starred in a music video for that song where i stalk this girl and im all following her around and hiding in places(like behind the toilet) and it was awesome
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
I was speaking to a mate today about I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.

"And when I touch you I feel happy inside"
the song "I'd Love to Change the World" by Ten Years After is not a song about wanting to or willingness to change the world for the better as much as it is a conservative rant about "dykes and faires" and freaks and hairies". If you listen to the words it is really a sad song written by someone who is closed minded and bigoted.
thick as a brick -jethro tull

Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
Last edited by johnwolennon at Apr 22, 2008,
More Than Words - Extreme

Is basically about how someone just wants to **** in a relationship thats all, no words, just SEX, EXTREME SEX!!
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
That Nickelback song that used to be on the radio, something about a girl on her knees lookin up at him and stuff.
Travelin Riverside Blues has the Squeeze My Lemon lyric in it.

EDIT= My Dingaling by Chuck Berry.
Quote by societies_worm
More Than Words - Extreme

Is basically about how someone just wants to **** in a relationship thats all, no words, just SEX, EXTREME SEX!!

all the other ones i could kinda see that, but i can't really see that in this song. i can't see how it's about someone that just wants to get laid. it's saying that you don't have to say you love someone to show them how you feel. there's more things than just saying you love someone, other than sex. there's holding hands, or just being there for someone when they need it. listening to their hardships and complimenting them. you don't have to have sex or say you love someone to show you love them. there is such a thing as love so deep that words are not enough to explain. love that is "more than words" more than just the superficial
Quote by hankscorpio
the lemon song

The Lemon Song is really just two older songs meshed together.
Half the songs Belle & Sebastian have ever done.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Gerald The Mous
I'm pretty sure Polly by Nirvana is about rape.

it's based on a true story about "a female rape victim from Tacoma, Washington. The girl, 14, was abducted in 1987 while returning from a punk rock show, and was raped and tortured with a blowtorch by her abductor. Cobain's only narrative flourish is that the victim manages to escape by flirting with her captor, convincing him to let her go."
Quote by johnwolennon
it's based on a true story about "a female rape victim from Tacoma, Washington. The girl, 14, was abducted in 1987 while returning from a punk rock show, and was raped and tortured with a blowtorch by her abductor. Cobain's only narrative flourish is that the victim manages to escape by flirting with her captor, convincing him to let her go."

So I was right, sweet.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Trash by Korn. It has a line about raping little girls

Also, ADIDAS by Korn.

haha im pretty sure ADIDAS was never considered an innocent song
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Page 1 of 4