I have a Crate Blue Voodoo head, and I just noticed that on the first tube on the left, there is a small flame flickering at the top of the bulb of the tube. Is this normal? Or do I need to take it to a shop and get something fixed? I'm kind of a noob at tube amps so I don't know whats up. Thanks
Quote by stratguy335
I have a Crate Blue Voodoo head, and I just noticed that on the first tube on the left, there is a small flame flickering at the top of the bulb of the tube. Is this normal? Or do I need to take it to a shop and get something fixed? I'm kind of a noob at tube amps so I don't know whats up. Thanks
lol wut?

Either you're seeing light from somewhere reflecting off the glass, or that tube has SERIOUS problems. Replace the tube if it's not just a mirage.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Hmm, a flaming tube would be awesome for looks though...
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
For the love of God dude, NEVER replace only one power tube unless it's only got one (single ended, class A)! Power tubes must be matched or you will damage the amp. I fix many every year that have blown because of mismatched power tubes. If your experience with tube amps is in the early stages, just take it to a tech and save the headache and potential injury.