Hey guys, do you have any idea of how to get a Carcass, Death kinda tone out of a marshall 2000, i know Carcass used marshalls for syphonies, and Death used AVTs near the end of their carrer, any amp settings that would work with the JCM 2000 DSL to get that tone? Pedals that might help me achieve that will also be helpfull though nothing too expensive, something round £50?

James
A boost of some sort would be ideal. If you have an overdrive, just turn the level all the way up and keep the drive at minimal levels.

The amp settings would probably be something like this. Keep the mids flat, boost the treble and bass.

Set the gain to the prefered level and getcha pull.

Hopefully that works.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Just play around with your amp. You should know how to set your tones.

Trust your ears. They don't lie
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ok ill get an overdrive pedal soon as, love the tone, but could do wid a tiny bit more juice for that liquid lead tones
Quote by JamesGale
Hey guys, do you have any idea of how to get a Carcass, Death kinda tone out of a marshall 2000, i know Carcass used marshalls for syphonies, and Death used AVTs near the end of their carrer, any amp settings that would work with the JCM 2000 DSL to get that tone? Pedals that might help me achieve that will also be helpfull though nothing too expensive, something round £50?

James

You are better off getting a 5150, their heartwork tones were far better. The jcm 2000 sucks for anything imo (i have it).
Quote by Ar8eit3r
You are better off getting a 5150, their heartwork tones were far better. The jcm 2000 sucks for anything imo (i have it).

He already has it...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster