Does anyone else like these guys? The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide is one of my favorite albums. I love how they create a great atmosphere, but still have heavy riffs and stuff. after searching for ever on rapidshare sites i found about half of their demos and their good. so what do you guys think of them?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
hm. they went out of fashion about 2 years ago lol. i dont like suicide bm. all their demos are pretty easy to find...
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
eh, don't care much whether what i listen to is popular (or in fashion). as for them being hard or easy to find, all i can say is, with rapidshare they are not easy to find. or at least i spent the most time finding their stuff out of my music.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
it depends where you look. on soulseek if you know the right people its easy to find. on dc++ if you know the right hubs, on rapidshare if you know the right sites. but yea, i always see people with every single one so i can't imagine it being that rare
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by MorbidVirus
I'm tired of life, I need some Wrest.

@MHDrunk i just google rapidshares, which prolly isnt the most eficient way. and i don't have soulseek.
Massive Conspiracy? it's good, but not as good as their other two full lengths, imo.
fantastic band.
who cares if they're in fashion.
black metal should never be in fashion in the first place.
'black metal should never be in fashion in the first place' - that's my point. that's why i don't like suicidal bm as a whole, apart from the fact that the music is crap and it is the metal equivalent of emo

Quote by MHDrunk
'black metal should never be in fashion in the first place' - that's my point. that's why i don't like suicidal bm as a whole, apart from the fact that the music is crap and it is the metal equivalent of emo

the lyrics arnt the important part, it's all about the atmosphere. the whole point of it is that it has the atmosphere, they could sing about bunnies for all i cared (providing i couldnt understand them when they did). and i don't care if something is out of fashion...or in fasion. either way, if it's good ill listen to it. and id hardly call suicidal black metal a fashion.
well, kvlt kiddi(ism?) is a trend. and they attached themselves to leviathan/xasthur and then started ripping them off. hence the music became a trend

Awesome from what I have heard so far. Unfailing fall into naught is prob my favourite. I dont think the things that are wrong with emo are shared by suicidal bm lol its just good music with some talented people writing it. I mean you cant even hear the lyrics 98% of the time. I dont think this sort of music will ever be in fashion lol
I was actually going to name my band Leviathan. ****
Up the Punx!
Quote by MHDrunk
well, kvlt kiddi(ism?) is a trend. and they attached themselves to leviathan/xasthur and then started ripping them off. hence the music became a trend

that's true, but the leading bands are (in my opinion) deserving of their following. the hundreds of copy cat bands suck, as most copycat bands invariably do. and being obsessed with how 'kvlt' or 'gr1m' something is is ridiculous, if it is good listen to it, regardless of style or fashion.
Picked up the split with Blackdeath today... amazing stuff. The Blackdeath material isnt that astounding, but the Leviathan stuff is great as always.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I have a Leviathan cd. Its a split cd. They're ok nothing special. General black metal.

To Stranglehold: Yea, I have that same one
I play metal bass with my:
Carlo Robelli bass autographed by Hatebreed
Crate MXB10 amp
Nano Metal Muff
and of course 2 guitar cables.
I look up to Paul Gray the most.
And my favorite band has to be Slipknot
Its strange, I dont like Xasthur yet I like Leviathan... there are similar but Wrest just does it better if you ask me.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Leviathan has a few more traditional riffs and stuff, maybe that's it.
Fucking hell, Tentacles of Whorror is such a suffocating album. Brilliant stuff.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Isnt that all the demos?

Id say get Tentacles... and The Tenth Sub-Level of Suicide next.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
It's not all the demos, just a few. If you want a more demo stuff, get Verater cause it's two hours of demo material and is really good. as for albums, Tenth sub level is their most atmospheric, and tentacles is their heaviest. I'd say tenth sub level wins out overall, though.