And yeah, I'm liking the speed and the capacity, but I'm surprised at how choppy the computer itself seems to be compared to before I reformatted.

-The mouse wheel, for one, seems to accelerate slowly and keep scrolling for a while after I use it. I've checked the settings and everything, and they should be fine, but it's been bugging me. Fixed.

-Windows, when I drag them around seem to drag much like if you put a pointer trail on the mouse, dragging behind the actual program and being slow and annoying.Fixed.

-The computer also beeps at me any time I try to backspace when there isn't room, i.e at the top of a document.Fixed.

-Speaking of sounds, my speakers won't register on the computer: it think there is nothing installed or attached and sound won't play from them.Fixed.

All of these things were fine before the reformat and nothing should have been changed since. Any help is appreciated in fixing these issues, as are Pit troll posts, which give us all a laugh.

Thanks all, I did some searching around and got everything back to normal =)
Last edited by InTheFlesh! at Apr 21, 2008,
- Clean your mouse with something and make sure you've re-installed any mouse drivers necessary.

- Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings, and mess around in there with the options.

- You can check in BIOS for internal speaker settings.

- Make sure all of your volume settings are turned up, and of course check the obvious things, like making sure they're turned on, plugged into the computer, plugged into the wall, plugged into each other, etc.
Quote by Bing
You probably didn't reinstall the drivers for your motherboard.

Assuming I didn't, where can they be found?
Quote by InTheFlesh!

-The mouse wheel, for one, seems to accelerate slowly and keep scrolling for a while after I use it. I've checked the settings and everything, and they should be fine, but it's been bugging me.

I had this problem once, and if its anything like yours, then you're going to have to reinstall your video drivers.

-Speaking of sounds, my speakers won't register on the computer: it think there is nothing installed or attached and sound won't play from them.

Have you reinstalled your soundcard?
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by InTheFlesh!

-The mouse wheel, for one, seems to accelerate slowly and keep scrolling for a while after I use it. I've checked the settings and everything, and they should be fine, but it's been bugging me.

Maybe your mouse has its own drivers and the comp is just using generic ones right now? I seriously don't know though.

-Windows, when I drag them around seem to drag much like if you put a pointer trail on the mouse, dragging behind the actual program and being slow and annoying.

Maybe you have **** running in the background? Check taskmanager for running processes.

-The computer also beeps at me any time I try to backspace when there isn't room, i.e at the top of a document.

That's probly just a setting, not too surprising, it's just letting you know that it can't do what you're telling it to do.

-Speaking of sounds, my speakers won't register on the computer: it think there is nothing installed or attached and sound won't play from them.

Check drivers. Also, if you have them plugged into a soundcard and not the mobo, check that you've installed drivers for the card.

All of these things were fine before the reformat and nothing should have been changed since. Any help is appreciated in fixing these issues, as are Pit troll posts, which give us all a laugh.

Your best bet is to just look for all install disks or really anything that came with whatever you've got right now. If you bought your system all together, it might have come with a restore disk or drivers disk or something of the sort. You should go through that and see if theres anything in there that still needs to be installed.
Seeing as your ethernet driver is working, try this:
Right click on My Computer then click Manage
In the left hand panel, click Device Manager
Look for any drivers with a yellow exclamation mark next to them and then right click and choose Update

Windows should then search online for the appropriate drivers. I would only do this if I didn't know the make or model of my audio or video card because I don't trust windows with this ****. I've only tried this once on a friends computer and it's worked, so give it a try.
i did the same thing this weekend and i had some problems.

i had to reinstall drivers such as my soundcard driver (which i got off of the dell website), and my network adapter(which i reinstalled from a cd that it came with).

pretty much any driver that is already on your computer when you get it from the factory can be found on the manufacturer's website, if you put it on there, theres a cd somewhere.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah