Finally in my room where it belongs!!! got a lil jammin' on it earlier but not more than 10 minutes cuz i had to clear some room in my room for it. still some other stuff to do before i really get to give a great review on it if needed. but i can tell you right now that this thing is LOUD and RAW!!! i absolutely LOVE it!! the bad monkey is like the perfect match for this thing too.

also thinking about maybe posting some clips on youtube of it if anyone wants to see the range of sounds it can get.

My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
yeah man, those are beastly amps. though i havent ever owned one ive played my friends more than a few times.

edit: is that a killswitch on your sg?
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
yes bro that is exactly what it is

if ur wondering, they're a sinch to put on just about any guitar. two bucks for the switch and the rest is just a lil soldering.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
yeah i thought about it on my American Strat.(60th annv) but i dont want to do anything of the such, so that it keeps its resale value incase i wanna get rid of it years down the road. But i might get a gretsch corvette and put one on it.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Congratulations, man! New amps are the best things ever!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
well, to lamrick, the way you put em on isn't permanent. well not if you just replace a tone pot. see on my SG i have two tones for the two buckers. and since it sounds a lil nasty to roll off tone on the bridge pup, i just keep it at ten all the time. the rhythm pup is the only one i roll the tone back and forth on. and i kept the tone pot for the rhythm pup in the back cavity so it's not disconnected. that way if i ever feel like i don't need that killswitch anymore, i can just connect the one wire back to the pot and put it back on.

and yea, i WOULDN'T do that to an american strat, at least not the buckethead style one. if anything, i'd use one of those switch style ones instead. but if you ever change ur tone knob then it's not worth it on a strat. otherwise you'd have to get it installed in a seperate area, which wouldn't be bad if you knew you weren't going to get rid of it at some point.

what I'D do is buy a MIM strat and put a killswitch on that that would be the ultimate strat for me

EDIT: oh and thanks riffhog!! new amps are exciting! as long as they're good anyways. so now i officially own two fully tube amps
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Always wanted a blackheart amp,
Been looking at that exact same amp to have for lower gain stuff along side my laney.
Just waiting for a cheap 2nd hand one to come up on ebay or somewhere

But sweet man, i'm jealous

*Edit*
And yea, post some clips on you tube, i've only had a short time on one of these, so still want to hear more
Last edited by TomR at Apr 21, 2008,
thank you very much lol, this thing is perfect for me. it handles that 80s hair metal and hard rock PERFECT. it can do midgain if you don't crank it or adjust ur guitar's volume. but dimed it will get pretty crunchy. w/ my OD it gets thicker and NICE.

yea i'll get some youtube clips up, i just have to work out a few licks and stuff that i'll play so that way i dont get in a rut trying to demonstrate a specific style. not to mention i don't want the playing to be crappy, as youtube watchers are always trying to magnify every mistake by 100 times in order to make themselves feel better
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
yes bro that is exactly what it is

if ur wondering, they're a sinch to put on just about any guitar. two bucks for the switch and the rest is just a lil soldering.

I just mute my neck pickup and use the pickup switch as a killswitch
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
^ yea that's what i do to get a more 'controlled' style so to speak. w/ the button it gives more versatility to play different styles. it would be harder to play, say, Jordan, w/ the neck pup way as opposed to the button. harder by how much? i don't know exactly how to measure the difference in difficulty, but i can definitely notice it.

it's hard to explain but i use the different ways of killswitching for different styles/tastes. also, if i'm doing a lead or rhythm on the neck pup and want to do a killswitch effect, all i have to do is go to the button! see how it makes things more versatile and easy? i'm really picky as you can see, but i haven't done it blindly, it's my personal taste as to why i have two different killswitching ways

oh and just playing this thing in my room, yea it's definitely loud enough to play w/ a drummer. yall all must be playing w/ some hardcore/metalcore drummers or something b/c this can keep up w/ my drummer pretty well if we jam. but i'll leave absolute confirmation for this weekend or as soon as i jam w/ it!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Is the epiphone g-400 a good guitar. I thought about asking 4 one last Christmas but instead i got a cheap strat copy. Its a pretty good guitar but sometimes i wish i had one with humbuckers. Mainly for a better metal sound.
yes after swapping the pups to whatever quality ones you want, it'll be an excellent guitar. i dont think there's really anything much better at $300.

if you're going for death metal or somethin like that tho, get something w/ a thinner neck and longer scale though. this guitar can play all that heavy stuff, but it's not made to be the best shredding guitar by any means.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Well about the heaviest thing i am in to is megadeth. Does the guitar have any fret buzz or anything?
hmm it didn't when i got it new. but then again the shop prolly had it setup b/c it was on display and $100 more back two years ago. hmm i think it would handle what you throw at it well then.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
oh that would be my other baby. that's my Randall RM50. it's more modern american voiced. 6L6s for power tubes. Recto module (hence the more american hi gain) in the gain channel and a regular 'Clean' module in the other channel. i'm wanting to get a 'Blackface' though to replace the standard clean one. it's a fantastic amp bust still different sounding.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Awesome! Now you got me thinking about buying one. Either the g400 or the g400 custom. I like the cherry color better but the custom sounds great.
Have you ever tried the custom version of the g400? I cant decide which one i like better. Also is the back of the neck on your guitar painted? I like the 3 pickups more on the custom, but i like the way the regular one works.
Hey man, does the g400 get a good clean sound? And lighter distortion?