I was recently listening to U2 song using a semi-hollow body and I really liked the sound, I don't know what song it is so don't ask. But I like to play a lot of classic rock, but when I improvise I play anything mostly blues and rock. Right now I play on a Squier strat through a g-dec jr. amp. Is a semi hollow going to be a good choice for improvising, and just jamming in general like I do.

And if so, can you reccomend any semi-hollows around 600 dollars max.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by smb
I prefer the search bar...you can really shred on that thing.

Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
I always say this.. but Ibanez Artcores are the best low-priced hollowbodies around. Look at the AS series. I have one, and I am in love with it.

But really you should invest in a better amp. You can get a very nice used tube combo for $600, and that would make a big difference in your tone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I think you'd like a semi-hollow.

Try an artcore, or maybe an epiphone semi-hollow.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I played an epi dot through a fender blues deluxe the other day and it sounded great. Getting a better amp is gonna give you the most noticeable difference when plugged in right now.
Ok my dad says I can't buy anything new until I'm ready and I get good enough that it will make a big difference. I'm starting lessons probably next week. Is there any finger/chord/scale excersizes that you guys can reccomend at all? I really want to maximize my improvement.
Quote by smb
I prefer the search bar...you can really shred on that thing.

Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'