we can't figure this out, because time zones are a bitch

if a plane, flying from NZ too the UK, arrives in the UK 7am Wednesday morning what time does it leave NZ(nz time and uk time please)? Baring in mind that the flight takes 24 hours, and their time zone is 12 hours ahead.

A friend of mine is coming back after being there for 2 years and im trying to figure out if he has left yet or not because i forgot to ask what time he was leaving. When he flew out to NZ he said something about the 12 hours disappearing. The flight took 24 hours but he arrived at NZ exactly 24 hours later, so the 12 hour time zone difference just vanished.

Quote by guitarhero_764
13 o clock

you went back 2/3 pages just to say that lol? i like your preteen thread btw.
Where is a pear when you need one?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
This is like a math question from hell....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by FelixJZ
42!

+1
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks
Quote by TS
me and my friends are dumb...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
*My friends and I

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

And it's...7PM NZ time Monday (2000 hours). Assuming no time change, the plane would leave on 7am Tuesday. Then subtract twelve hours to get 7pm Monday.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Apr 21, 2008,
if the flight takes 24 hours and he gets there wed 7am UK time, he left on tues. 7am UK time. that's really really easy

which means he left NZ at 7pm NZ time
Quote by Beakwithteeth
No speako latin

Then useo the googleo.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Ok. If it arrives 7am UK time Wednesday, then it left 7am UK time Tuesday, which is 7 PM NZ time Monday. Since it is not even 8 PM here in California yet, the answer to your question is no.