this isnt anything too big but can you guys help me think of something to tell my parents?

situation: our school band concert is tomorrow. my parents dont know about it yet. i havent told them because our band director just let me and my lazy ass friends(we play drums lol) chill in a practice room for the entire nine weeks and just talk instead of play(which is sweet because we still all have 100% in band for doing nothing lol). i figured i wouldnt even goto or even tell my parents about the concert because me and my friends dont do anything. but i have to at least go and chill backstage to get points for being in the concert because apparently the concert is worht more points than actually being in band for the nine weeks. i think he gives us a weekly grade im not sure. but anyway if i dont goto the concert ill probably have a really low grade in band which is hard to get(its hard to even get a 98). what i ask of you pit is that you help me figure out a way to tell my parents i have to goto the concert tomorrow(my friend will most likey be taking me) but also tell them why not to come because i dont do anything and why i dont do anything. theyll most likely be pissed that i dont do anything or call our band director to see why we didnt do anything because my parents always think im "missing the spotlight" you know my turn to be noticed. i really dont care its a school concert lol.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Just tell them your going to the movies
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
hmm hadnt thought of that. but i see one flaw that may ruin it all. what if they dont let me goto the movies? and besides lol why would you goto the movies on a tuesday night?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Tell them that you're doing stage crew or technicals this concert, make like everyone has to do it at some point for experience.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Quote by toasted_lemming
Tell them that you're doing stage crew or technicals this concert, make like everyone has to do it at some point for experience.

might work. any more suggestions before i go try anything?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
hmm hadnt thought of that. but i see one flaw that may ruin it all. what if they dont let me goto the movies? and besides lol why would you goto the movies on a tuesday night?

Now, I dunno what goes on where you live.. but I'm planning on going to the movies tomorrow (Tuesday).. Why wouldn't you go to the movies on a Tuesday? It kills time/is something to do when hanging out with friends.

So yeah, movies. Or just say you're gonna grab a beer with friends or something.
tell them that joe somebody is leaving to go back to their military base and you wanted to hang out and say good bye
Quote by Haanz
Now, I dunno what goes on where you live.. but I'm planning on going to the movies tomorrow (Tuesday).. Why wouldn't you go to the movies on a Tuesday? It kills time/is something to do when hanging out with friends.

So yeah, movies. Or just say you're gonna grab a beer with friends or something.

well its really not very common at all to goto the movies on tuesday night. im 17 btw lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
might work. any more suggestions before i go try anything?

Um, that most likely will work, but if you want anything else I'd have to go with telling them that there was a last minute change and you had to play some part in the concert maybe. Like, someone got kicked off of it because they suck at it and the director gave it to you instead.
Quote by fallenangel20
I found a tick on my balls once.

No lie. There was actually a tick (as in the small, blood sucking insect) on my balls.

It freaked me out bad.

Quote by freakpower21
How old are you?

According to his profile, 17.

I'd go with the stage crew/technical stuff suggestion.
say youre making a drug run.

seriously though, say youre going to study or something at your friends place. or that youre "tutoring" some girl (parents love it when their sons have study dates for some reason)
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Tell them your working backstage or your like an understudy if anyone gets killed or sick or something. Just tell them not to go because its gona be boring and a total geek-fest.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
ok ill tell them im doing stage crew for the middle schoolers concert. i just hope none of my friends parents comment about the concert to mine :/ if they find out im ****ed
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
tell them you have to go to the police station to give some kind of statement about things your friends have been doing.

wait... your 17... just leave and tell them you are going out and will be back later. From the time I could drive at 16 I just went where I wanted as long as I called my parents and told them when I would be back. aka Leave tell them I would be back at 11pm... call them at 10:30 and update saying I would be back at 2am instead because something came up.
Quote by ViperScale
tell them you have to go to the police station to give some kind of statement about things your friends have been doing.

wait... your 17... just leave and tell them you are going out and will be back later. From the time I could drive at 16 I just went where I wanted as long as I called my parents and told them when I would be back. aka Leave tell them I would be back at 11pm... call them at 10:30 and update saying I would be back at 2am instead because something came up.

i wish i had that much freedom lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
i wish i had that much freedom lol

It is all about the image... what they don't know doesn't hurt you. So if they think you are a good little boy they will trust you to do whatever you want. But if you are dumb enough to get caught with drugs when you are 13 then your probably screwed unless you got parents that don't care about you.

But then that is the way I have always been I prefer to be anonymous... tend to cover my tracks on whatever I do even if there is no reason to.
Quote by ViperScale
It is all about the image... what they don't know doesn't hurt you. So if they think you are a good little boy they will trust you to do whatever you want. But if you are dumb enough to get caught with drugs when you are 13 then your probably screwed unless you got parents that don't care about you.

But then that is the way I have always been I prefer to be anonymous... tend to cover my tracks on whatever I do even if there is no reason to.

yea thats kinda what im going for. during the summer ill probably do this the whole time and theyll forget about anything else. if it works my senior year will be awesome lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?