I've been playing guitar for about 6 months now and ever since I've been playing power chords precisely how they're written. In other words, I place all my fingers vertically on the strings like a regular chord instead of barring them. I was recently playing with my friend at our church and I noticed he was barring power chords (which I had never seen before) and I thought "that's weird", but then I realized it was much easier. I was hoping one of you could tell me if its worth it to kick my habit and focus on barring power chords.
Well, if it's easier I don't see why not...
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
they sound the same, so just do whichever one is easier on your fingers. personally, i switch back and forth without even realizing it, so whatever works for you, do it.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by darkfire_storm
they sound the same, so just do whichever one is easier on your fingers. personally, i switch back and forth without even realizing it, so whatever works for you, do it.

+1
I breathe air.
For some reason, I learned way back when to use my pinky instead of my ring finger. I still do it sometimes at the top of the neck. Because it feels more comfortable.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣