Page 1 of 2
So my band is playing a gig at my school for this thing called "jamnesty". Its involved with the afterschool club "amnesty club". We have two guitarists, drummer, and bassist that also sings. He has a very low range in his vocals. this show is to raise money for darfur or something? no clue but we need songs so lets hear some
Too vague man...are you guys any good? Do play rock? Metal? Anything man, seriously....
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
in b4 "i cum blood"

but a nice low range would be great for Cannibal Corpse
Sweet Child O' Mine would drive 'em crazy
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Well were heading more towards any genre that uses distortion. acoustics arent really what we want.
do you go to CBA in syracuse...cause my band played in that a few years ago to get our name out
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by timmythenewguy
Well were heading more towards any genre that uses distortion. acoustics arent really what we want.

Alot of genres use distortion lol Be more specific.
Octavarium - Dream Theater
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Never Gonna give you up
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Dude seriously, this is a decision best left up to your band
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
sorry for being so vaugue. we are playing for a highschool crowd with a few adults. so anything to keep there interest. any genre is welcome.my band band plays mostly progressive metal
Yeh, anything people know. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle is always solid. My personal favourite cover band song is Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta, kinda weird but everyone hears it and goes 'I love this song!'
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Get an organ player and have the best Green Onions jam ever.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Ah ok, prog...Dream Theater, Opeth (not technically prog metal but whatever), If your singer sings low then maybe some Gojira and Mastodon.
Quote by timmythenewguy
sorry for being so vaugue. we are playing for a highschool crowd with a few adults. so anything to keep there interest. any genre is welcome.my band band plays mostly progressive metal

If you want a song to keep attention of a highschool crowd, go with anything from guitar hero. Maybe thunderhorse, six, or pretty much any of the metal since your singer has a low voice.
Play some Metallica?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
haha we had the idea of playing anything from guitar hero, but lead guitar decided we dont have enough time. cinsidering we need to learn more than jsut one song.some of these suggestions are great keep them coming
Supermassive black hole
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by maggot9779
Ah ok, prog...Dream Theater, Opeth (not technically prog metal but whatever), If your singer sings low then maybe some Gojira and Mastodon.

Baroness!!! It'd be great for a low vocal range, go check out "The Birthing" off of Red Album.
RHCP is usually a great choice since there aren't many people that don't like them. Readymade might be a good choice since your singer doesn't have a great range.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by timmythenewguy
So my band is playing a gig at my school for this thing called "jamnesty". Its involved with the afterschool club "amnesty club". We have two guitarists, drummer, and bassist that also sings. He has a very low range in his vocals. this show is to raise money for darfur or something? no clue but we need songs so lets hear some

slaves shall serve, behemoth.

war ensemble, slayer

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
low range? The national?

not really distortion but maybe a nice change depending on what you are looking for
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Octavarium - Dream Theater

haha, yeah, play all 25 minutes
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Hell Awaits - Slayer

Mermaider - Dethklok

SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Smoke on the water, iron man then close with stairway to heaven and then you'll have the audience going so crazy you can encore with smells like teen spirit!
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
High school gig you say?

Step 1: Play some...

Fall Out Boy
Panic At The Disco
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Daughtry
Plain White Ts (must be hey there delilah)

Step 2:
You win pussy

Or you can do what those other guys said and play some Metallica and have some 15 year old guys with long hair tell you how "sick" your set was.
I've been here since '04.

A metallica song. I'd consider one, since it's such an amazing song and many people will recognize it from guitar hero. I just hope your guitarist can pull off the solo, and the drum can get a bit difficult at times.
Play Go Into The Water- Dethklok
My prog-metal band does a cover of it, and its awesome

More seriously, if you have the skill, Metropolis Pt 1, or Beyond This Life

both are good for low ranges
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Play songs you already know....?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
haha these are great guys. we were thinking the same thing along the lines of guitar hero......practically 90% of the population plays it(my badn being in the 10% that doesnt pplay it) but we dont really know whicih song to play. we were actually gunna try and pull of through the fire and flames jsut cause everyone like obsesses over it, i have no clue why, but we have alot more songs to learn and that take up some time. both guitarist and drummer are very experienced at playing their instruments. so for "one" wed prolly be able to pull it off, thats a possiblity. now for dream theater...... we were going to play constant motion, but then thought, half our school prolly doesnt know who they even are. NFFC, so true with that reply, so true, yet so sad, but thats how it is. you play the i wish we could play some metal or atleast something heavier but everyone would hate us considering they are all for mainstream bands and rap.
Page 1 of 2