Just a question, can you adjust the truss rod to make the string tension higher?
I already have pretty high gauged strings, so getting thicker strings would be a last resort.

Thanks. :]
yes it can, but it'll probably add fret buzz.

what's your string gauge, type of bridge, and have you measured the neck relief?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yes you can, do your homework before you go twisting off random knobs though.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The only thing the truss-should be used for is to correct neck bow and maintain the proper amount of relief on the neck. It should not be adjusted for a simple action change, or to adjust tension, or really for anything else for that matter.

What kind of guitar do you have and what exactly are you trying to accomplish?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Apr 21, 2008,
It will, but you'll create back bow which is not only bad for the neck, but will give you some bad buzz.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I just want some more tension on my strings without getting thicker ones.
I have a fixed bridge, and I play in low tunings.
I use 14-18-30-40-50-62 gauged strings.

I would try to get a baritone, but I really don't have money. :[
here's the thing.

if your neck has less bend then the strings travel farther from nut to saddle, and are a little tighter.

same thing goes for a lower action setting. a tiny bit more distance between headstock and saddle = more tension.

also check that ur intonation is correct.

lowering action and having a pin straight neck will make it close to impossible to play down tunings without buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011