All i know currently is that I will be getting a tube amp. I need it to be powerful enough to play at a gym( a full sized one with basketball court) I might mike it but i need a good sound and tone becuase I am going to play Europa by Santana and some hard rock song with power chords. This amp must be very versatile. Other than going to GC, I want to buy it used, and want to use this amp for quite a while, i am in around the 700 max price range, but want to get used, for more bang for my buck. I need it by friday and want to perform with it but i hate rushing, its pretty much I get a new amp or dont play, renting im not too sure and borrowing is purely stupid. I have to look into the Fender Hot Rod, and how about a Palamino? What else other than VOX is out there? Like I want a VERY VERY VERY versatile amp, the biggest word VERSATILE, needs to play from heavy metal to clean so like Anything is appreciated.
try a b-52 at-100 all tube amp i think the head is like 500 and u can find a used cab somewhere but the are great for clean and have a good overdrive with the gain at about 1/4 to 1/2 it has great blues tone and over it goes to metal i use just the amp distortiona nd a sonic maxiizer and i can play metal all day
I want a more well known amp, what do you all think of the hot rod?
Maybe a used fender hot rod deville??? because it has 2 speakers and is a whopping 60 watt?
Quote by armenh

Why? Well known doesn't mean better. McDonalds is more well known than the Auberge restaurant in my town but I know which one serves better food.

The Traynor is perfect for what you want, it's incredibly versatile and has a healthy amount of gain. The Hot Rod is not, it's cleans are amazing but the overdrive channel is an abomination.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by armenh

Why? Well known doesn't mean better. McDonalds is more well known than the Auberge restaurant in my town but I know which one serves better food.

The Traynor is perfect for what you want, it's incredibly versatile and has a healthy amount of gain. The Hot Rod is not, it's cleans are amazing but the overdrive channel is an abomination.

+1

A more well known amp? Traynor is very well known, very well respected, better for your purposes than the Hot Rod, and a higher quality product than the Palomino (another well known [?] amp you're looking at).

But by all means pass on it because your buddies never heard of it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Also factor in the warranty on the Traynor. If you randomly decide to burn your amp in a sacrifice before hitting it with a train and pouring acid on the remaining fragments.......it's still under warranty (for two years after you buy it anyway).

"Well known" in this price range usually means comparatively low build quality and a price tag that doesn't accurately reflect that build quality.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
i love my hot rod

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

check your local craigslist under 'tube amps'

someone is selling a Marshall JCM800 half stack on mine in great cond. for like $850, less than half of its GC price

you're sure to find good deals
the B-52 is probably the most versitile I can think of. It really can do any genre. That said, I have never played the Traynor so it could be much better.