Hi this is my guitar its a Ibanez ARC 500 Artist http://www.boxymusic.com/product/Ibanez/ARC-500-NT/48799
I love it, its a great guitar and its the first time im changing the strings and cleaning it. Is Dunlop Ultimate Lemon Oil ok to use? It says not to use on maple fretboards, im preety sure its a mahogany, but im not sure. I just don't want to damage my guitar and wanted to make sure it was safe to use before I do it.
Thanks
It's fine. Rosewood fretboard is good with lemon oil. Make sure to clean the edges near the fret scrupulously so dirt doesn't build up there.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
What's wrong with using lemon oil on maple? Just curious, because that's what I've been using for years and I've never had any problems (yet).
Maple is normally finished so oil on finish = not ever going to evaporate on the surface ever. Even if maple is not finished lemon oil is gonna dry the fingerboard to dust.

So do you actually need to use this stuff if your fretboard doesn't need cleaning?

Would you use it if you were just changing strings?
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Use oil every so often. Around once a month or 2 month will be adequate. Use along with cleaning/wiping off fretboard is the most convenient way. Spray/apply some then let it settle for around 2 minutes, then wipe and scrub.

Couldn't you just apply some of that oil onto a cloth with water on it... and then wipe the fretboard?
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
You could, but don't use water along with it. It's better to let it soak the wood first so it can penetrate and last longer.

I see... so no water... just clean it with some oil right off the bat?
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
+1 to what SQHero said. Do NOT use water on Rosewood or like wood. It will penetrate down thru the pores in the wood and ruin it. These boards are usually untreated or unvarnished so guitar based fretboard lemon oil conditioner is the way to go. I would not use it on maple fretboard as it is pointless.

use the search box in top right as we just had a big thread on this below in 'Jackson fretboard' and other places yo
;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1 to what SQHero said. Do NOT use water on Rosewood or like wood. It will penetrate down thru the pores in the wood and ruin it. These boards are usually untreated or unvarnished so guitar based fretboard lemon oil conditioner is the way to go. I would not use it on maple fretboard as it is pointless.

use the search box in top right as we just had a big thread on this below in 'Jackson fretboard' and other places yo
;

So you are from teh midwest eh? Like Prog Metal?