Went to a buddies tonight, was playing it pretty loud (had it cranked for the most part,a as it isnt very loud) now whenever i turn standby to off so i can play it makes a semi loud 'pop'. The amp works completely fine, i'm just worried about the popping, is there something majorly wrong?

Theres always been a slight pop, but its louder now.

main reason i'm worrying is that i'm getting rid of the amp come Thursday in favor of a JTM45.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Apr 21, 2008,
Nah, it's pretty normal on most amps. The recent change in volume is a little puzzling, but I don't see it as any cause for concern.

Congrats on the Plexi by the way!
What most likely happened is that the loud volumes wiggled some component in one of the preamp tubes a bit loose and now it's a little bit microphonic. It's nothing to worry about, but if it bugs you it's easy to fix with a new tube.
Thats good to hear, i found a website mentioning burnt tube sockets and got a bit frightened.

thanks guys, i'll probably order a few preamp tubes and see if i can get it fixed.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45