Sorry for the exciting title, but I'm doing a presentation for a class, and I'm looking for about a 4 minute clip (hopefully from an easily obtainable film) to use for it. Sorry I couldn't bring you something more urgent, such as 'what should i do if I just lost my hand to my chainsaw?', but i would much appreciate the help. As the title suggests, it should center on psychological burnout (mental exhaustion). Cheers.
err....Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? not sure man. haha sorry
Fight Club!!!!!

edit: ****... i forgot i'm not allowed to talk about it.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
fight club for sure
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
The first thing that came to mind was the ending of The Sixth Sense. It's been years since I've seen it, but it's the only thing I can think of and I have no idea if it's any good.
Holy crap, my apologies for my forgetfulness, i completely forgot about the beginning of Fight Club. Just for kicks, I mean I need a clip detailing Burnout, as in, how one develops it, and the symptoms, etc.
Quote by tjdjr09
Holy crap, my apologies for my forgetfulness, i completely forgot about the beginning of Fight Club. Just for kicks, I mean I need a clip detailing Burnout, as in, how one develops it, and the symptoms, etc.

I dont know how youre going to get that in a 4 min clip.
Quote by tjdjr09
Sorry for the exciting title, but I'm doing a presentation for a class, and I'm looking for about a 4 minute clip (hopefully from an easily obtainable film) to use for it. Sorry I couldn't bring you something more urgent, such as 'what should i do if I just lost my hand to my chainsaw?', but i would much appreciate the help. As the title suggests, it should center on psychological burnout (mental exhaustion). Cheers.

the answers people have left are pretty good ideas...

as to your second question, the answer is clearly to put the chainsaw in place of your hand, and use it to fight evil. duh. has bruce campbell taught you nothing?
Quote by muse-ik
Fight Club!!!!!

edit: ****... i forgot i'm not allowed to talk about it.

Fight Club is AMAZING!!!

Freaking blew my mind.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILER ALERT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the fight club scene where he finds out he is tyler
Not Fight Club.

Go find Bringing Out the Dead, written by Paul Schrader (of Taxi Driver fame) and directed by Martin Scorsese.

It's about a paramedic over the course of three sleepless nights as burnout hits him hard-core. It's a brilliant movie -- I think it's Scorsese's best. Paul Schrader is perhaps the best writer when it comes to being isolated in New York in the middle of the night.

Another film you might see is Leaving Las Vegas. It's about a Hollywood agent who becomes disgusted with his life and job, sells everything he has, and drives to Las Vegas with the intention of drinking himself to death in the most literal sense. It's also a fine film.
Can't stop the signal.
Beyond The Wall of Sleep, near the ending where the dude is freakin' out and he takes off his wig.
Pi would also be a great film for this topic. It's about a paranoid mathematician who searches for a key number (pi) that will unlock the universal patterns found in nature. It's also by Darren Aronofsky, the same guy who did Requiem for a Dream.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
clockwork orange
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
vanilla sky
Member #78 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

Originally Posted by Gibson_Rocker13
why the hell would you worship satan if hes gunna torture the **** out of you.