im getting a b-52 at-100, can you get a saosin, paramore, and avenged sevenfold tone with it?
trying to get the tone of big bands like that is hard cuz they all have like 6 different amps to use and throw into the mix. i know that avenged sevenfold does all their guitar stuff through about 3 different amps and then mixes them together to get their tone.
the valveking is alot better. ALOT better. Way more tones. the whole triple rectifier thing is a big load. the AT series amps weigh as much as a tube amp on top of a solid state amp yet somehow are very brittle.
fight the power that be
I disagree I didn't like the valveking it almost sounded digital sounding, which is why I love my b-52. Definately one of the closer marshall lvl sounds for the price of the amp.

But with that said it is kind of dark sounding, doesn't get very trebly. I'm gonna get an EQ pedal soon and hopefully fix that and maybe a new speaker down the road.

I definately recommend it, it can do everything from classic rock to metal. But with metal you need to crank it to get the amount of gain that you want. But I definately recommend trying it before you buy it, it does have its own sound to it
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
the b-52 is basically what you buy if you are the impatient teenager who wants a decent "tube" amp but is too eager to save money. if you want to skip the unnecessary step of upgrading again in the future, i recommend you keep saving.
fight the power that be
Quote by Guitarzan1143
the b-52 is basically what you buy if you are the impatient teenager who wants a decent "tube" amp but is too eager to save money. if you want to skip the unnecessary step of upgrading again in the future, i recommend you keep saving.

says the teenager Have you even played one before, how do you know they are "brittle"? probably heard it from some troll on this forum and now his word is your opinion.

seriously this amp blows away any similiarly priced solid states and offers a lot for its price.

b52 is a good versitile amp for the money and anyone who tells you else is probably just some prick who read about it on some thread and jumped on the bandwagon.

I played a lot of amps before I chose my AT112, including the Valveking, some Crate palominos, peavey windsor and even a mesa express. I recommend you try a bunch of amps too, but for me it came down to the valveking and the b52. Both have good distortion, but for clean sounds I liked more on the b52 than the Valveking, and chose my amp accordingly.

yes they are heavy, yes I hear they can break easy (not in my experience with them), but they have good customer service. I lost my manual and even though they offer them online in .pdf they sent me a new one free of charge.

as for your tone question. You can get definetly get some saosinish tones ( probably paramore too but i dont really listen nor care to have their tone). For Ax7 you might need a pedal to get most of their tones and others you might be fine with the amp.

i hope i offered you some help based on my own experiences, NOT what a bunch of 15 year olds think is fact because they read it online
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
i had a b-52 at-212 for about a month, i returned it for various reasons. the at-100 in the store wouldnt even work properly when i went in. i may be a teenager but i know full well of my knowledge and i dont bull**** people. and im not 15 so why dont you do the world a favor and screw off. there are already too many assumers and stereotypers out there.
fight the power that be
lol dude chill out. Wouldn't even work properly? it kinda works or it doesn't...

I agree with everything said above. I've owned my B-52 at112 for almost a year now, with no problems and I still love it. Dont regret it at all. It is a little dark sounding, but im getting an EQ pedal soon so I really dont think getting the tones out of it that I want will be a problem at all.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
it buzzed like **** and overheated after about 5 minutes of being turned on. i pointed this out and they took it off the floor and i havent seen it yet.
fight the power that be