I'm having trouble with these.. But right now I'm playing on a Fender Starcaster (piece of crap) Think once I get a better guitar I'll be able to do Pinch harmonics?
Your pickups aren't really great for harmonics. Roll up gain and treble while practice to get better!
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
i'll trade you guitars...i can do pinch harmonics on mine quite well
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270
Squire Stagemaster 7string

Amps
Randall Titan head
Randall XL cab with celestions

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
well single coil pickups arent the BEST for picking up pinch harmonics, but hell its possible on an acoustic (may not hear it too well but still hahaha) turn up the gain and turn on your bridge pickup and it'll help, just PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
add distortion and your away
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Correct, with distortion is the best way to get your pinch going. For god's sake don't blow your amp though. Here is the best way to describe a pinch harmonic using the low E string, 3rd fret.

A pinch harmonic is produced when the thumb of the picking hand lightly touches against the string immediately after it is picked. This is generally accomplished by holding the guitar pick so that very little of its tip protrudes between the thumb and forefinger (roughly 3-5mm), allowing the thumb to brush the string immediately after it is picked.
have shceter 006 diamond serise with seymour duncan(see pics) pickups and i was try pinch harmonics yesterday i cant get em........ ...i dont exactly understand how to do em????
Quote by original_idiot
Jew Trouble

Quote by guitarmang93
Nah i love the feeling of poo coming out. Its like being reverse ass ****ed.

Quote by jemocam
Lets teach them the meaning of CROTCH VIOLENCE!!!

GO GNOME OR GO HOME!

Join My Group!

Free The Pear!

Band's Myspace
I have experience in this seeings as i have the same guitar, make sure you are using the middle and bridge or just bridge pickup other wise you can barely pull them off, other than that it is just practice, also as much gain as you can possibly get. Then a little more and then the do the same with treble and practice
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
I learnt it roughly in around 2 hours this helped me a lot.
Last edited by josh999x at Apr 22, 2008,
Pinch harmonics can even be heard on an acoustic guitar!!

just practice... its the only way to improve